President Trump

rod

Retired 22 years
My father in law died recently. He left a bunch of liberty dollars he bought in 2008 when everyone said buy precious metal. Coins from as far back as 1878. Love the coins but he paid 40 bucks an ounce and now worth 15. What to do.
A friend bought I don't know how many thousands of 1965 (I believe they were like 40% silver) JFK 50 cent coins back when silver was on its way up to 50 bucks an oz. I can't remember exactly what he paid but he didn't sell in time and now he's dead and his wife is still paying rent on several LARGE bank deposit boxes because the price of silver never went back up enough to profit.

rod

Retired 22 years
Another friend wanted to sell his house and use the money to buy gold (I think this was back in the 70's). Gold was like 360 bucks an oz. We talked him out of it. This just proves you should never take financial advise from those who are clueless.

oldngray

nowhere special
A friend bought I don't know how many thousands of 1965 (I believe they were like 40% silver) JFK coins back when silver was on its way up to 50 bucks an oz. I can't remember exactly what he paid but he didn't sell in time and now he's dead and his wife is still paying rent on several LARGE bank deposit boxes because the price of silver never went back up enough to profit.
1964 was the only year it was 90% silver. I was still a kid then but my parents bought me one of those. I still have it. Worth more as a coin than for the silver since only one year was like that.

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U probably knows how much one of those it worth. Not a lot over face value I think.

A friend bought I don't know how many thousands of 1965 (I believe they were like 40% silver) JFK 50 cent coins back when silver was on its way up to 50 bucks an oz. I can't remember exactly what he paid but he didn't sell in time and now he's dead and his wife is still paying rent on several LARGE bank deposit boxes because the price of silver never went back up enough to profit.
She will be lucky to get a third of the price. Silver is only around 16 bucks an ounce right now

rod

Retired 22 years
1964 was the only year it was 90% silver. I was still a kid then but my parents bought me one of those. I still have it. Worth more as a coin than for the silver since only one year was like that.

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U probably knows how much one of those it worth. Not a lot over face value I think.
My grandmother used to bring all 3 of us boys a silver dollar each (Morgan or Peace) every year on her annual visit from California when she would come visit. As fast as she gave them to us we would be off to the little store to buy comics and candy. :-)