President Trump

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
They were given a few more helicopter orders to keep it going for a few more months. It's similar to the Carrier deal. Keep it going just look enough for the media attention to go away then move out quietly under the cover of darkness in a manner similar to the Baltimore Colts sneaking out of town .
why do you hate when people keep their job

Indecisi0n

giphy.gif

bacha29

why do you hate when people keep their job
I don't hate the people . What I hate is the political absurdity behind this move when it's Carrier all over again. If the additional time will give some people enough pension credits to qualify for full retirement then it will have done a bit of good but for the rest of them it will likely mean getting a permanent layoff just after Christmas and the loss of their health insurance.
I worked for a company that was bought out by a larger competitor in the same space. The new owner backed up and offloaded a dump truck load of promises regarding the future of the facility but 6 months after they bought the place contrary to all the promises they made we could see that they weren't committed to the place and within a year we knew what they were they for.
In fact while my coworkers and I read their latest press release regarding their big plans for the facility we looked down to the other and of the building and there they were moving supplies and equipment out of the building.
This event is nothing new. Similar events have happened over the recent decades and continues to this very day.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I don't hate the people . What I hate is the political absurdity behind this move when it's Carrier all over again. If the additional time will give some people enough pension credits to qualify for full retirement then it will have done a bit of good but for the rest of them it will likely mean getting a permanent layoff just after Christmas and the loss of their health insurance.
I worked for a company that was bought out by a larger competitor in the same space. The new owner backed up and offloaded a dump truck load of promises regarding the future of the facility but 6 months after they bought the place contrary to all the promises they made we could see that they weren't committed to the place and within a year we knew what they were they for.
In fact while my coworkers and I read their latest press release regarding their big plans for the facility we looked down to the other and of the building and there they were moving supplies and equipment out of the building.
This event is nothing new. Similar events have happened over the recent decades and continues to this very day.
im not reading all this, i need the cliff notes

newfie

as an employee in the job market its always better to be able to control your conditions through education and skills improvement.

bacha29

as an employee in the job market its always better to be able to control your conditions through education and skills improvement.
When the facility closed we met for the last time and discussed our individual future plans but as one person who spoke up said :" While we can only hope for the best we leave here knowing that some will prosper, some will persevere and some will become impoverished ". No truer words could ever be spoken.