President Trump

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Was about to post this. He WAS right. Puerto Rican officials were likely holding off on distributing the stuff in the warehouses until they received more federal funds and could pocket the difference.

Problem for them was that those additional funds never came due to accusations of corruption. And the corrupt officials were stuck with warehouses full of unused stuff that they would have had to explain their possession of had they gone ahead and distributed it.

Probably should be impeached for this too. :blink:

Box Ox

About what? 2 corrupt officials do not condemn the entire island. All Trump has to do in order to find massive corruption is to look in the mirror.

About the fact that additional rounds of federal aid would have been pocketed by those who were holding the aid already present on the island in warehouses.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
About the fact that additional rounds of federal aid would have been pocketed by those who were holding the aid already present on the island in warehouses.

Maybe. I guess that during the next hurricane they get ZERO but TOUGH REPUBLICAN LOVE. They can fend for themselves, and all learn to be entrepreneurs.

rod

Retired 22 years
Was about to post this. He WAS right. Puerto Rican officials were likely holding off on distributing the stuff in the warehouses until they received more federal funds and could pocket the difference.

Problem for them was that those additional funds never came due to accusations of corruption. And the corrupt officials were stuck with warehouses full of unused stuff that they would have had to explain their possession of had they gone ahead and distributed it.

Box Ox

Maybe. I guess that during the next hurricane they get ZERO but TOUGH REPUBLICAN LOVE. They can fend for themselves, and all learn to be entrepreneurs.

I'd suggest the implementation of greater aid oversight and controls in Puerto Rico so the "They're corrupt so we won't send aid" card can't be played for illegitimate reasons. But that might be considered by some to be demeaning and racist toward Puerto Ricans.

bbsam

Staff member
I'd suggest the implementation of greater aid oversight and controls in Puerto Rico so the "They're corrupt so we won't send aid" card can't be played for illegitimate reasons. But that might be considered by some to be demeaning and racist toward Puerto Ricans.
Definitely demeaning and racist but not just a little hypocritical.