presidential inauguration 2009 ????

Sammie

Other than O making sure that America doesn’t do what he’s already said we don’t do, (torture anybody), other than him saying he'll remove U.S. troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, which will translate into removing zero troops from the Middle East, Big Business won't stop getting government bailouts, the Federal Reserve will continue to be The Dude, Congress will remain hopelessly bewildered, foreign aid will not be reigned in, foreign policy will stay the same. The welfare state will still be the welfare state, there will be no overhauling NATO.

Everyone O has surrounded himself with is a politician with years of prior experience. None of them has ever rocked the boat. No matter who's elected, how much actually changes? Saying he will do things differently brought him into office. I personally don't know when "America fell and now She can't get up..." Or is O correct in saying that she did? Remember,
a European's fondest wish is to move to America...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Other than O making sure that America doesn’t do what he’s already said we don’t do, (torture anybody), other than him saying he'll remove U.S. troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, which will translate into removing zero troops from the Middle East, Big Business won't stop getting government bailouts, the Federal Reserve will continue to be The Dude, Congress will remain hopelessly bewildered, foreign aid will not be reigned in, foreign policy will stay the same. The welfare state will still be the welfare state, there will be no overhauling NATO.

Everyone O has surrounded himself with is a politician with years of prior experience. None of them has ever rocked the boat. No matter who's elected, how much actually changes? Saying he will do things differently brought him into office. I personally don't know when "America fell and now She can't get up..." Or is O correct in saying that she did? Remember,

Whoa! Talk about rocking the boat? Now you've gone and done it, Sammie. And to think, I just pos repped, TOS.:happy-very:

Channahon

Presidential Inauguration
1.gif
Service Update
Due to the anticipated increased traffic and security measures associated with the 2009 Presidential Inauguration, local and federal authorities are requiring that transportation carriers modify their operations.

To ensure we are in compliance with these requirements, UPS is making the following changes to our package and LTL freight operations in Washington D.C. and the surrounding areas:

Monday, January 19 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
  • While UPS will be able to serve much of the Washington D.C. area, the following ZIP Codes will not have pickup or delivery and the UPS Service Guarantee will not apply:
    20001-20006
  • Service delays or disruptions may be experienced in surrounding areas due to expected business closures and traffic constraints. UPS service guarantees may not apply.*
  • UPS Customer Centers and many locations of The UPS Store will be open, although hours of operation are subject to change. Find Nearest Location
Tuesday, January 20 (Inauguration Day)
  • There will be no pickup or delivery for the following ZIP Codes and the UPS Service Guarantee will not apply:
    20001-20006
  • Service delays or disruptions may be experienced in surrounding areas, including Maryland and Virginia due to expected business closures and traffic constraints. UPS service guarantees may not apply.*
  • UPS Customer Centers and many locations of The UPS Store will be open, although hours of operation are subject to change.

Wednesday, January 21
  • Normal delivery and pickup services are scheduled to resume.
  • UPS service guarantees may not apply.*
Please continue to visit ups.com for updated information as the ZIP Codes are subject to change. Authorities are expecting heavy traffic to continue in and around the Washington D.C. area for several days after the Inauguration. Additional street closings and other transportation disruptions could affect our operations. A map of restricted areas and road closures is available at: http://www.secretservice.gov/presidential_inaugural.shtml

*UPS Service Guarantees will be suspended for package shipments that receive an "Emergency Conditions" scan, and UPS Freight shipments scanned as "Industry Disruption." Track Your Shipments
1.gif

diesel96

I personally don't know when "America fell and now She can't get up..." Or is O correct in saying that she did? Remember,

I guess we just hit a lil speed bump in 2008 on Jr's watch... :rofl:
European's fondest wish to move to America? :please:This is 2009, not 1948. However, Bush did mention Africans and India's residents like us$

The real danger here is a terrorist threat. If one were to materiliaze this country would run the risk of losing 3 to 5 million hardcore liberals. ....

On second thought do we really need to waste our tax dollars on all that security?:happy-very:

That's a good one Tie,lol... but I'd rather see our tax dollars placing Bush, Cheney, Rove, and Rumsfeld in handcuffs, booked, fingerprinted and shipped to Gitmo and made to perform naked pyramids on camera :happy-very:

Pip

Don't want any parts of that traffic jam on that day. Shoot they are even closing down the Potomac river for 10 days, starting the 14th from the WW bridge on into DC. Screwed up my fishing for the next 2 weeks.

rod

Retired 22 years
Monday- MLK day
Tues. - Obama Inaugeration Day

I see another weeks vaca coming for the goberment workers:peaceful:

dcdriver

nations capital
Any Upsers out that are going? My center and 12 other centers around the District are closed for the day from what I have been told. All layoffs.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I watched the whole presidential inauguration 2009 on FOX yesterday , and i was disappointed, I was waiting for OBAMA to take 5 loaves of bread and a couple of fish to feed the crowds ,oh well I think Tom Brokaw & Katie & barbara Striesand were all still excited!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I did watch it, but on a local channel KCAL 9 because a friend of ours was doing the color commentary on the military stuff. He was in the Army Old Guard and has been involved in many inaugurations....Col. Frank Legare (ret.)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The thing that gets me mad is them extending the bar hours past the normal 2 AM. closings just for this event. Oh boy, not only 3 million people, but 3 million drunk people !!! That's just plain stupid !!:angry:
Which would be the only way I could stand the crowd.