Prius anyone?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You flash boobs, you get beads !!! Great place????

Yes, it is.
A great place.
There is more history in that city to absorb than booze in your liver.

I could spend a week (40 hours) in a vacation learning about the men and women of WWII.
And that is just a start....

Sorry off topic.

It's truly amazing the insight you can gain from two dissimilar posts. aj saw the glass as half-full, choosing to see beyond the perception to find an opportunity to learn more about a place rich with history that intrigues her. She is a person open to new experiences with a zest for learning and passion for life. moreluck chose to see the glass as half-empty, quickly dismissing the region based upon a harmless tradition and will more than likely never go there, preferring the familiarity of her comfortable surroundings with little desire to learn more about the world around her or people different from herself.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You a biker chick? Those your "people"?..........really?
I'm a Chatty Cathy. I like everyone. And, I own a motorcycle. Been riding some form of two wheels since I was 5. 'Those people' are actually some of the most honest and trustworthy people you will ever meet. No double talk. Straight forward.

Harley's aren't cheap, either. Most Harley owners are in the upper tax brackets. They just let loose on the road instead of on the green.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It's truly amazing the insight you can gain from two dissimilar posts. aj saw the glass as half-full, choosing to see beyond the perception to find an opportunity to learn more about a place rich with history that intrigues her. She is a person open to new experiences with a zest for learning and passion for life. moreluck chose to see the glass as half-empty, quickly dismissing the region based upon a harmless tradition and will more than likely never go there, preferring the familiarity of her comfortable surroundings with little desire to learn more about the world around her or people different from herself.
And, you always seem to find a way to point out what you see as More's failings. So, who is more dismissive?

W

want to retire

I'm a Chatty Cathy. I like everyone. And, I own a motorcycle. Been riding some form of two wheels since I was 5. 'Those people' are actually some of the most honest and trustworthy people you will ever meet. No double talk. Straight forward.

Harley's aren't cheap, either. Most Harley owners are in the upper tax brackets. They just let loose on the road instead of on the green.

I've had a m/c continously since 7. My Dad took me first ride @ 4. OK. And be careful about judging....true. You a biker chick?

W

want to retire

Well, you couldn't pay me to go to NYC or LA. Harmless tradition? Would you be proud of your daughter making an episode of "Cops"? And she didn't dismiss the "region".....the city. Me too.

Nimnim

The Nim
+
Yeah....my daughter says New Orleans is her first stop at 21st birthday........

Depends on the time of year really. It could be a good experience or an absolute nightmare for a father. Please don't let a 21 year old girl go during Mardi Gras. Best intentions may be there, but the young make stupid choices in a party situation. I'm not that old yet that I can see it probably ending with regrets.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, you couldn't pay me to go to NYC or LA. Harmless tradition? Would you be proud of your daughter making an episode of "Cops"? And she didn't dismiss the "region".....the city. Me too.

I have been to NYC---the city that never sleeps. I spent a weekend there while in college and had a ball. Have never been to LA and have no desire to go there. Have never been to New Orleans but would love to go there someday. There is a lot more to that region than Mardi Gras.

(I would kick my daughter's butt if she ever ended up on an episode of Cops)

moreluck

golden ticket member

There is so much more involved....I don't like bugs. I don't like humidity. I don't like excessive heat.
I don't drink and I can't eat the rich foods of that region. Why on earth would I go there??

I know what I like and I stick to what I like. I'll never try sushi...............................bait is for catching fish, not eating. Why should I waste a minute where I know I won't be comfortable??

W

want to retire

There is so much more involved....I don't like bugs. I don't like humidity. I don't like excessive heat.
I don't drink and I can't eat the rich foods of that region. Why on earth would I go there??

I know what I like and I stick to what I like. I'll never try sushi...............................bait is for catching fish, not eating. Why should I waste a minute where I know I won't be comfortable??

True that.......but there is all kinds of "sushi".....wash it down with a few Kirin Ichiban beers.....try a California roll.