Pro-Gun / Hunting Thread

K

kidlogic

Over9five how do you say
"No one left there worth saving. The smart ones left when they were advised to. Most of the rest are just the low-life."
Just because some one is poor and couldnt afford to leave (100,000 people dont own vehicles there),is a child, elderly and sick doesnt make their lives worth less then every one else's life.

O

over9five

Kid, I say erect a huge fence around NO, and flush it out to sea! Let God sort 'em out!

O

ok2bclever

With maroon statements like that we should probably start with one from Massachusetts and God won't even have to be bothered.

O

over9five

Ok2, Think of all the rapists and looters and scum we'd be rid of with my plan (The Over9five Refuse to Evacuate Plan. Patent pending, registered trademark, all rights reserved). A huge fence, one giant flush....Goodbye Scum!

So we lose a few innocents too. Oh well, should have got out when we told you to! Small price to pay for the huge loss of scum!

K

kidlogic

I found it amazing that you could judge such a large mass of people by a few video clips. I have read of a man who had that same ability. He too could judge a whole group of people with a glance.
And you have read how the kill them all and let god sort them out thing worked with him.

O

ok2bclever

Simply dumping garbage in the ocean is a stupid, shortsighted, criminal activity that ultimately always comes back to haunt us and the wall would cost too much.

And I disagree with killing innocents, period.

Where do you draw the line?

If you've been ordered to evacuate and you don't, toilet flush. . .

If you've been ordered to run scratch and you don't, toilet flush. . .

You see where this could lead?

O

ok2bclever

Well killing innocents does kind of turn off my laugh reflexes, but what about the scratch thing, you didn't get it or didn't think it was funny?

T

toonertoo

Well just wondering...but we are not allowed to carry a weapon at work, is a stun gun considered a weapon, say if you use it on a dog, or a crack addict that climbs in your truck at a light, or something like that...???? Just curious.

D

dannyboy

I would think that a stun gun falls under the weapons part of policy. And in some cases it might even be considered deadly force.

But there are many cars that I have been in that have "tear gas" spray cans in them for use on dogs. I would guess they would also work on other humans.

d

T

tieguy

"He too could judge a whole group of people with a glance."

the ability to generalize about a race or group of people is one often claimed to be dispised by many but a habit avoided by few. In fact I could probably make an argument that many people actually try to emulate the skills or values of their particular peer group. Or that group they identify with. It however sounds good to say that you should not generalize. Whether you allow your generaliztions to lead to bigotry in any form is I believe the true test of your character

T

therodog

Toonertoo, no firearms allowed inside a UP$ facility. Parking lots 'should' be ok. New federal law coming out that will allow you to store your firearm locked in a box in your trunck UNLOADED, no matter what a company says....

T

therodog

This is not good,,,,,

NRA-ILA Grassroots Alert Vol. 12, No. 37 9/16/05

NRA ON THE GROUND IN LOUISIANA

As was reported last week, in the wake of unspeakable crimes perpetrated by roving, armed gangs and individuals, authorities in New Orleans seized legal firearms from lawful residents, effectively disarming the very citizenry they are sworn to protect.

On Monday, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, and NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox slammed New Orleans authorities for this incredible action.

"What we've seen in Louisiana--the breakdown of law and order in the aftermath of disaster--is exactly the kind of situation where the Second Amendment was intended to allow citizens to protect themselves, " LaPierre said. "For state, local, or federal government to disarm these good people in their own homes using the threat of imminent deadly force, is unthinkable."

"The NRA will not stand by while guns are confiscated from law-abiding people who're trying to defend themselves," Cox said. "We're exploring every legal option available to protect the rights of lawful people in New Orleans."

To that end, NRA has put professional investigators to work on the ground in New Orleans and surrounding areas. News stories and members' detailed accounts have been followed up on, but we need more information. Some of our best leads have come from rank and file law enforcement, but we need to hear from all directly affected citizens.

If you have personally had a gun confiscated in Louisiana since Hurricane Katrina hit, please call (888) 414-6333. Be prepared to leave only your name and immediate contact information so we can get back to you. Once again, we are seeking contact information from actual victims of gun confiscation in Louisiana only.

D

dannyboy

Thero

The way I understand the issue is not that they went door to door taking away the guns from the hands of the people there. instead they were entering houses that were empty looking for firearms that the criminals could steal.

In the first case I would be dead against the government using force to remove guns from citizens hands.

But in the second case, there is nothing wrong with the police entering a home that has been abandoned and removing items that could be used for violence against those that are trying to rebuild. When you get back to your home, stop by the police department and claim your weapons back. No harm done, and we keep the firearms out of the hands of those that shouldnt have them to begin with.

d

T

toonertoo

But RODog its not a firearm. Its just a piece of equipment that lets out an electrical charge???
I see mace as a potential disaster if it is windy, you and your assailant could be disadvantaged. The conditions would have to be perfect to use it in your defense.
You need no background check, and just the sound of it sends a dog running....at least the neighbors dog.....
And as GMAN said, in this area it is very nasty. They are considering bringing in the ATF for 6 months to get the guns out of the crackheads hands. My thought would be blow away the crackheads, no one would notice and we would all be safer, but I guess that isnt an option.
These types do not know we dont have cash and on any day if I have 10$ in my pocket, its a good day, as I dont carry cash. I actually felt safer when I had 4 grand in COD cash to give someone if they robbed me, so they would be happy and not shoot me. And when it starts getting dark at 430, and we are out in this type of area in the dark for 4 or so more hours, what could happen to us?? I know there are bad areas all over our country. Does everyone do as I have and just say their prayers every day???

T

therodog

danny, kewl. i thought they were going to law abiding houses and just taking them. I had a stun gun once ,but broke it. They are illegal in Mass tho, and they were selling them at a gun show here, funny.

O

over9five

Tooners correct. A stun gun is not a firearm. Neither is a BB gun.

Therodogs right too. Stun guns are illegal in Mass. So are stilettos; daggers; any knife having a double-edged blade; switchblades; brass knuckles; nunchaku; studded arm bands; and throwing stars.