Problems Receiving Emergency Paid Leave

Anarchy86

Just returned from 2 week quarantine due to having family member with Covid-19. At the time notified HR that my docyor said to quarantine. Got back and received no paid leave. UPS is saying that I need a doctor's note. Doctor is saying CDC has told them that companies cannot require a doctors note in this situation for paid leave. Also in this area they were only giving tests to over 80 or severely sick at the time. Anyone successfully file for this yet?

Re-Raise

Just returned from 2 week quarantine due to having family member with Covid-19. At the time notified HR that my docyor said to quarantine. Got back and received no paid leave. UPS is saying that I need a doctor's note. Doctor is saying CDC has told them that companies cannot require a doctors note in this situation for paid leave. Also in this area they were only giving tests to over 80 or severely sick at the time. Anyone successfully file for this yet?
So are you saying your family member was never tested because they weren’t over 80 or severely sick at the time?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
There is a difference between a family member actually getting tested and being positive then yes you get paid. But if they are getting quarantined without getting a test I think you are sol

Indecisi0n

So you went two weeks without pay and just now are raising hell ? Should have done all this when you were off. Could have went to the doctors and got the note in hand for when you returned.

542thruNthru

There is a difference between a family member actually getting tested and being positive then yes you get paid. But if they are getting quarantined without getting a test I think you are sol

smh............SMH............SMH!

Attachments

• FullSizeR(1).jpg
    FullSizeR(1).jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 228

Siveriano

Well I dont know how you did it.
I called the 866# when I was told someone who lives on my house tested positive then did the teledoctor and was told to stay home for 14 days.
Filled the form from UPSERS and got approved like 6 days later.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I’m so sick of hearing “ STAY SAFE! “
I feel bad but I laughed at 2 people today that were like thank you so much for still working and doing everything you do.

this isn’t the apocalypse people. I’m delivering cardboard when it’s 70 degrees out for $38 an hour. No need to thank me.