Problems Receiving Emergency Paid Leave

Anarchy86

So you went two weeks without pay and just now are raising hell ? Should have done all this when you were off. Could have went to the doctors and got the note in hand for when you returned.

Doctors said to not come to their office because it is so contagious. Basically the only way you physically see a doctor for it here is if its so bad you have to go to the emergency room. I never got sick but was told I had to quarantine.

542thruNthru

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers

• Employers should not require a positive COVID-19 test result or a healthcare provider’s note for employees who are sick to validate their illness, qualify for sick leave, or to return to work. Healthcare provider offices and medical facilities may be extremely busy and not able to provide such documentation in a timely manner.

Keyword. "Guidance". UPS does not have to follow it.

Indecisi0n

Doctors said to not come to their office because it is so contagious. Basically the only way you physically see a doctor for it here is if its so bad you have to go to the emergency room. I never got sick but was told I had to quarantine.
Get a note faxed or get a new doctor.

Re-Raise

Whoever told you that you had to quarantine should be able to give you the information to give UPS

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
smh............SMH............SMH!
Not sure where I am wrong... if someone gets quarantined in your family without actually getting a test I don’t think you will get paid..now if they take the test it comes back positive then yea you get paid. Unless I am not reading it correct in which case back off old man

rod

Retired 22 years
I feel bad but I laughed at 2 people today that were like thank you so much for still working and doing everything you do.

this isn’t the apocalypse people. I’m delivering cardboard when it’s 70 degrees out for $38 an hour. No need to thank me.
You could add "besides that I don't work much".

542thruNthru

Not sure where I am wrong... if someone gets quarantined in your family without actually getting a test I don’t think you will get paid..now if they take the test it comes back positive then yea you get paid. Unless I am not reading it correct in which case back off old man

The way I understand it is if your wife is told to quarantine because she is believed to have covid-19 the doctor is going to require you to quarantine as well.

That is when you will be paid.

Just like at here when a employee was found to have covid 19 anyone she came in contact with was required to quarantine.

Yolo

The medical professional that told you to quarantine has to give some sort of paperwork to ups. Otherwise we could all just say we are quarantining and take 2 weeks off.

Re-Raise

The way I understand it is if your wife is told to quarantine because she is believed to have covid-19 the doctor is going to require you to quarantine as well.

Just like at here when a employee was found to have covid 19 anyone she came in contact with was required to quarantine.
They probably tell everyone over the phone to self quarantine rather than come to the doctor to see if your minor symptoms get any worse. That is not the same as having a positive test result in my opinion.

The biggest hypochondriac at my center did this the first week they even talked about covid-19 on tv. He stayed out for a couple of weeks but was never tested and never had it

542thruNthru

They probably tell everyone over the phone to self quarantine rather than come to the doctor to see if your minor symptoms get any worse. That is not the same as having a positive test result in my opinion.

The biggest hypochondriac at my center did this the first week they even talked about covid-19 on tv. He stayed out for a couple of weeks but was never tested and never had it

You're right it's not the same but #1 says if a doctor tells you to quarantine then you will be paid.

Personally I would tell my doctor to say I need to be quarantined for possible covid-19. UPS can't demand more than that.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun

thats crazy talk

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just returned from 2 week quarantine due to having family member with Covid-19. At the time notified HR that my docyor said to quarantine. Got back and received no paid leave. UPS is saying that I need a doctor's note. Doctor is saying CDC has told them that companies cannot require a doctors note in this situation for paid leave. Also in this area they were only giving tests to over 80 or severely sick at the time. Anyone successfully file for this yet?
This is why everyone is not saying anything and going to work infecting all in its wake.