Professionalism

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

I might be a worthless POS and a Ground driver (I don't know if those two terms are mutually exclusive) or I might be someone slightly higher up the chain. Some of my humor is true, and some, of course, is meant just to rile people up to keep this place going. I've been around the block a few times, whether at an opco doing delivery, or maybe in some other positions. You're right, I haven't scratched the surface. In the span of my long, or short, years at FDX, I've turned dozens of current and/or potential customers (large businesses) away from FDX and to UPS... and even to a few worthless entities like DHL. That's thousands and thousands of dollars accumulated over the years. Anytime the topic of work comes up, I speak my mind about Fred, about Ground, and I apply some simple logic. If a regular person is asking me why I feel this way, I toss them some simple math (which FedExRookie will chime in on I'm sure). If you ship a package from point A to point B.. you have two choices. FDX Ground (a bit cheaper) or UPS Ground. There's also USPS, but I leave them out. With the former, your package will be picked up by a salaried person making ~$35,000 per year, running a vehicle that may or may not be efficient. If you use the latter, your package will be picked up by someone making ~30$ per hour utilizing a vehicle that is probably more efficient than the other. By default, with prices being nearly equal, who would you choose? If that's not enough to sway them, I tell them what kind of business model Ground uses (slave labor) vs. UPS who pays living wages, benefits, etc. Which model would you like your 10 bucks in shipping to support? In my time, I'd like to believe I've swayed hundreds away from FDX, just by simple logic. I actually enjoy my job, and I may or may not be close to retirement, so I stick it out. If there's a few other :censored2:s out there like me, maybe it will give Fred just the slightest jolt in his knickers. Probably not, you're right, but it sure is fun. Good day BeeBee Sam. Buy your workers some purple pens, so they can continue delivering the Purple Promise.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I might be a worthless POS and a Ground driver (I don't know if those two terms are mutually exclusive) or I might be someone slightly higher up the chain. Some of my humor is true, and some, of course, is meant just to rile people up to keep this place going. I've been around the block a few times, whether at an opco doing delivery, or maybe in some other positions. You're right, I haven't scratched the surface. In the span of my long, or short, years at FDX, I've turned dozens of current and/or potential customers (large businesses) away from FDX and to UPS... and even to a few worthless entities like DHL. That's thousands and thousands of dollars accumulated over the years. Anytime the topic of work comes up, I speak my mind about Fred, about Ground, and I apply some simple logic. If a regular person is asking me why I feel this way, I toss them some simple math (which FedExRookie will chime in on I'm sure). If you ship a package from point A to point B.. you have two choices. FDX Ground (a bit cheaper) or UPS Ground. There's also USPS, but I leave them out. With the former, your package will be picked up by a salaried person making ~$35,000 per year, running a vehicle that may or may not be efficient. If you use the latter, your package will be picked up by someone making ~30$ per hour utilizing a vehicle that is probably more efficient than the other. By default, with prices being nearly equal, who would you choose? If that's not enough to sway them, I tell them what kind of business model Ground uses (slave labor) vs. UPS who pays living wages, benefits, etc. Which model would you like your 10 bucks in shipping to support? In my time, I'd like to believe I've swayed hundreds away from FDX, just by simple logic. I actually enjoy my job, and I may or may not be close to retirement, so I stick it out. If there's a few other :censored2:s out there like me, maybe it will give Fred just the slightest jolt in his knickers. Probably not, you're right, but it sure is fun. Good day BeeBee Sam. Buy your workers some purple pens, so they can continue delivering the Purple Promise.

I knew you might or might not be an actual Ground driver. The fact that you are articulate and coherent may or may not indicate that you are actually higher up on the totem pole. I could or could not be a courier or I might or might not be above the level of senior manager and possibly, but not likely exposing this craphole for what it might or might not be, which is a craphole...perhaps.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
A craphole with just one more poster bitching about his craphole job and doing nothing substantive about it. Welcome to the jungle.