Progression changes

Upstruckz

That was the first opportunity that I got and it was because the person in front of me failed class so I was sent the following class or else I would have waited another year, there are people in my center that had to wait 14 and 15 years for a chance to go to class and qualify. Anyone that’s been there knows that preloading or local sort for that long deserves some kind of credit so it’s a legit thing to wonder about progression changes

That was the first opportunity that I got and it was because the person in front of me failed class so I was sent the following class or else I would have waited another year, there are people in my center that had to wait 14 and 15 years for a chance to go to class and qualify. Anyone that’s been there knows that preloading or local sort for that long deserves some kind of credit so it’s a legit thing to wonder about progression changes
It's a two year on the new lower paying driving jobs. Haven't heard anything on the regular driving jobs progression

Upstruckz

There are people lined up waiting here it’s hard work but that’s what you sign up for and that’s how you take care of your families, that’s why you wait around for it. I worked 2 jobs for 12 hours a day before, at least if I get over 8 it’s overtime now.

Upstruckz

I feel like we all feel like this until we get some solid details

Attachments

• 0841D56A-66BE-483D-8BBB-5862A3F6D476.gif
    0841D56A-66BE-483D-8BBB-5862A3F6D476.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 243

JustDeliverIt

Took me 10.5 to get offered full time. I didn't go out driving until I did, couldn't give up the second job without the 5 day guarantee. But behind me there is a giant gap in the work force. Seems to be ok down to about 8/9 years, then everyone else is 1.5 or less. None of the new people want to drive, they see what we go thru from the inside and it scares the crap out of them!!

dogs.bite.me

If the progression was shortened don't you think the union would have been bragging about it in their little press release?
Bit they did.

Significant increases to the full-time progression rates

That the 1st sentence talking about fulltimers.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Would you rather have a shorter proggprogre and make less of a top rate?

Gotta put your time in.

No, I would rather have been offered full time after three years (which is what the wait time was when I got hired, then 2008 happened), and only had a 3 year progression. Instead I wasn't offered full time until almost 7 years and had a 4 year progression
The guys hired as drivers just 2 years before me will have made around 30k more in their first four years than I will have. Why didn't they have to put in their time? I know, it's just luck of the draw. If new hires only have a two or three year progression, it'll be the same story, they won't have had to put in their time like I did, so don't tell me I haven't put my time in.

Short term pain for long term reward.

But then again, doing what’s right for the long term might be to hard for “gotta have it now” guys.

Except people hired before me, and possibly after, will have a shorter term pain and a larger reward. Not exactly fair when you do the same work.

What about people who worked 13 years part time and then have to wait another 5 years to reach top pay, I’d say they have already put time in that should be counted towards something

I recommended this to my BA to try to get something in the master negotiations, don't think it made it that far. Minimum 2 year progression, with a 1/2 year knocked off for every year you've worked for the company, and some sort of better deal for air drivers.

KoennenTiger

None of the part timers in my center want to go full time. Like they can even keep the part timers around. The wait is literally nothing. No wait. They have been hiring off the street.

Took me two years but now the wait is nothing. And for 1.5 if those years I was TCD and drive almost every day anyway. Would have been nice to get that 1.5 years added to my progression. We don't have any TCD now. How could they hire a utility guy when they can't even hire enough cover drivers?

Days

TBH it's because they treat new drivers pretty poorly. You don't get your own route for a while and you get crappy loads with blind routes doing 50 more stops than the driver usually does on that route

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Short term pain for long term reward.

But then again, doing what’s right for the long term might be to hard for “gotta have it now” guys.

Gotta put your time in.

I should add that I don't have a problem with a 4 year progression for outside hires/ inside hires who've worked for UPS less than a year. Anyone who has put in some time on the inside should have that count for something when going ground.

I should add that I don't have a problem with a 4 year progression for outside hires/ inside hires who've worked for UPS less than a year. Anyone who has put in some time on the inside should have that count for something when going ground.
We had a shorter progression when I started but my inside time didn't mean Jack crap.