Progression changes

KoennenTiger

I should add that I don't have a problem with a 4 year progression for outside hires/ inside hires who've worked for UPS less than a year. Anyone who has put in some time on the inside should have that count for something when going ground.

Oh I've got more good news for you guys who put in a lot of years. Once you go FSP your seniority for paid time off, vacation, etc, resets to ZERO. You will have zero vacation or option days or anything when you finally start as a cover driver.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We had a shorter progression when I started but my inside time didn't mean Jack crap.

I just mean that if they are going to draw it out longer and longer, the union should try to get us something in return. If you start out at UPS with the goal of making a career as a ground driver, 10 years or longer really is a long time to wait to make the top rate. I was just about to seriously start making new plans when I got the call.

I just mean that if they are going to draw it out longer and longer, the union should try to get us something in return. If you start out at UPS with the goal of making a career as a ground driver, 10 years or longer really is a long time to wait to make the top rate. I was just about to seriously start making new plans when I got the call.
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

Upstruckz

True and every press release we see from the union says this and that will make the membership happy maybe they will finally listen

Upstruckz

Well have to wait till mid July till hey actually release the details and hen it will be a quick vote right after for crunch time before our current expires

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Honestly I wouldn't hold your breath. Good luck on your shot at driving

You misunderstand. I'm almost done with progression. I just actually care about making things better, or keeping them from getting worse, for those who come after. My biggest issues with the proposal actually won't have a direct impact on me. I think the progression shouldn't change, longer or shorter, because shorter would be unfair for the people who went through longer, and outside hires should have to put in some time. But I would be ok with time in service counting towards decreasing progression time. I realize that won't happen this round, and I hope to not still be here by the next round, so it won't be my fight anymore.

KoennenTiger

You misunderstand. I'm almost done with progression. I just actually care about making things better, or keeping them from getting worse, for those who come after. My biggest issues with the proposal actually won't have a direct impact on me. I think the progression shouldn't change, longer or shorter, because shorter would be unfair for the people who went through longer, and outside hires should have to put in some time. But I would be ok with time in service counting towards decreasing progression time. I realize that won't happen this round, and I hope to not still be here by the next round, so it won't be my fight anymore.

How about you don't lose your seniority for vacation and option days when you do FSP? That would be nice

You are under the current contract. Any changes in progression don't apply to you

False, you gain any benefit of the new contract. If it were changed to 3 years, anyone in progression would top out at the 3 year mark. That said, I'm sure they would've bragged about that in the first few lines of the release of that were the case.

SweatPit

i won't bite
To answer the OP's question. It is staying at 4 years. The company worked hard to change it from 2 to 4 years. Union did propose to lower it but failed. Which is typical.

I believe it should be reduced to 3 years.

I am referring to 22.3's. Not package car drivers. Since they are hiring package car drivers off the street as of now since no one wants to do it. Those guys needs to put in their time. Lots of guys who have been with the company 10 plus years before they had a chance to go full-time in the building. Lot's of these guys are stuck at their rate of pay for 4 years. They are locked in. No raises or anything.

I believe it should go by how many hours you have put in with the company. These guys already did their "time" and should be rewarded to top scale when going full-time. But the company is saving millions doing it that way.

As of now new hires are essentially making $2 less per hour then I am which is a joke. Time put in doesn't matter anymore.

Looks of the contract, lots of people who have done time are getting shafted.

Days

@SweatPit
That's awful about the 22.3 people. Best case scenario is that at the end of the contract I'd make 2.00 more than a new hire lol!! I looked at the last contract and they didn't really hand out catch up raises then either. It's just more apparent in this one because the wage is increasing 5.50$. The company is definitely saving money.

The articles about the handshake agreement say that part timers got a wage increase but aside from the GWI they didn't. New hires were already making 15.00 in places to fill positions. Aside from new hires, everyone else is just making the same rates.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I've been told by one of our Stewards....supposedly progression goes down to 2 years....I've seen people on here say 3 years. I'm waiting on an answer. And supposedly be over $40 an hour by the end of this contract
Unfortunately nobody knows. But my fear of this “hybrid air driver” language will eventually put everyone at $30 an hour. People are welcome to change my mind but even after the agreement, it’s still hush hush

SweatPit

i won't bite
Probably shouldn't even bother asking, but where are you getting this information?

I ‘d like to know that same thing.

Union steward who heard it from the main union business agent for our Local. As of now it is staying at 4 years.

The progression can stay at 4 years, it just needs an overhaul. For 22.3's out here it is $15,$17,$20 and then top rate for the 4th year which is $30.XX. $11~ raise for the last year...WTF. Little baby steps then a huge jump. Needs to be more linear and start out higher.