Progression changes

Joman

That looks good. Very good.. Wish they would do something similar with 22.3's too! Like I said I would be happy with a 3 year progression. Needs to be dropped atleast one year if anything.
This would be fair. To currently have to work 4 full years then on the 5th year get top rate is too much. It should be how it is on this proposal. In my view the increase in progression years from past contracts was a huge concession. Now hybrids but that is another story.

SweatPit

i won't bite
Okay someone explain this to me? I have seen it on the UPS site and on the flyer I got from "UPS Rising"

• Increased progression rates giving many full-time employees more than a $3 per hour increase August 1, 2018.

"Many" ???? I don't see that at all. I see only a $1 increase on the contract. I am close to hitting the 3 year progression mark (22.3) so instead of $20 it got bumped up to $21 an hour. But where is this $3 an hour increase on progression coming from?

Edit:

I looked at the contract again and I see there is a decent progression raise for drivers on page 21 that is around $3 an hour increase from the previous contract every year. The 22.3's get only a $1 hour raise for progression.

Last edited:

Brownpants80

How can Chicago drop progression but not the other states? the master says 5 years to top rate. How can Chicago get override and a different agreement?