Progression changes

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Union steward who heard it from the main union business agent for our Local. As of now it is staying at 4 years.

The progression can stay at 4 years, it just needs an overhaul. For 22.3's out here it is $15,$17,$20 and then top rate for the 4th year which is $30.XX. $11~ raise for the last year...WTF. Little baby steps then a huge jump. Needs to be more linear and start out higher.
So you heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy who isn't involved in the negotiations....

Knew I shouldn't have asked.

John Boy

Should be no more than 2 years. Making a driver go through a 4 year progression for something he's been doing for the past couple of years already, just under the "TCD" label. This will leave a bad taste in your mouth when your ORS keeps you off the road as soon as you get close to 156 reports to keep you from going FT. Happened multiple times in my building. Billions in profit, they can afford to drop progression.

new2dagame

I think anyone that does an average of 180 stops, and does as much as any driver that has been there for years deserve the same pay within 2 years....NOW as far as bid routes I agree with senority getting there routes

22.34life

The progression has to still be 4 years cause the 22.4 language says will go to top rate by 2022 unless their is 2 progression scales,which could very well be.

Dumbo

False, you gain any benefit of the new contract. If it were changed to 3 years, anyone in progression would top out at the 3 year mark. That said, I'm sure they would've bragged about that in the first few lines of the release of that were the case.

It wouldn't make any sense to keep the pay rates and progression the same for those under the old contract and not gain the benefits of the new contract. If that were the case, then somebody walking into a full time position would get the raise,which we are for sure getting, and start off making more then someone working for a year already. Drivers that have been there for just about a year would be stuck in a progression based on outdated economics and inflation.

IMO, any benefit in progression and pay would go to current drivers. So if I have been at 18.75 and hour since my start date, and the new contract has a new start rate of 20 an hour, then August 1st we would go to that rate immediately, then when I reached 1st year in October or whatever, then I'd get another raise to the new 1st year rate .

It wouldn't make any sense to keep the pay rates and progression the same for those under the old contract and not gain the benefits of the new contract. If that were the case, then somebody walking into a full time position would get the raise,which we are for sure getting, and start off making more then someone working for a year already. Drivers that have been there for just about a year would be stuck in a progression based on outdated economics and inflation.

IMO, any benefit in progression and pay would go to current drivers. So if I have been at 18.75 and hour since my start date, and the new contract has a new start rate of 20 an hour, then August 1st we would go to that rate immediately, then when I reached 1st year in October or whatever, then I'd get another raise to the new 1st year rate .

Correct

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Told you it would stay at 4 years. My sources were indeed legit.

tenor (29).gif