Progression

AccidentProne

UPS is burning through the labor pool like Amazon is doing.
Not the same. Amazon burns through the labor pool due to working them to the bone with insane work conditions. UPS just cannot retain a labour force, and they have good enough work conditions compared to most companies.

If UPS increases pay, then people will return and stay. If Amazon increases pay, no amount of money would be enough to put yourself through the torture of working for them.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
My coworker that has been there for 19 years said it was 6 months when he started, then a year, then 2, now 4.
I don’t know where you’re coworker started, but when I made seniority in 93, it was a 2 year progression. I don’t know if locals are different.

nWo

Heard they are going to just get rid of progression. Start new Drivers at 30. And just give them the general wage increase every year.

trotsky

Heard they are going to just get rid of progression. Start new Drivers at 30. And just give them the general wage increase every year.
They have to do that, its sad seeing these kids getting taken advantage of. They aren't taking pride in their work and I cant blame them for it. They can make $20/hr stress free anywhere today.