PROJECT DRAGON

bacha29

Once again. What is your plan for Long Term Care? You gonna pay out of pocket?
With no heirs to leave anything to therefore I will use whatever resources and assets I have at my disposal then just like the 62% of nursing home patients nationwide who are on Medicaid I'll joint them . Doesn't matter if you self pay insurance pay or Medicaid pay the care is all the same.
And to think that all this time you had yourself believing that that little LTC policy you've got was going to stand between you and medical costs related financial ruin.
Sorry that you had to be introduced to the reality of acute medical care costs in such a brick wall collision manner Now if there's anything I can do to ease your suffering.... you just let me know. I'm right here for you Old Falcon Fart.

falcon back

With no heirs to leave anything to therefore I will use whatever resources and assets I have at my disposal then just like the 62% of nursing home patients nationwide who are on Medicaid I'll joint them . Doesn't matter if you self pay insurance pay or Medicaid pay the care is all the same.
And to think that all this time you had yourself believing that that little LTC policy you've got was going to stand between you and medical costs related financial ruin.
Sorry that you had to be introduced to the reality of acute medical care costs in such a brick wall collision manner Now if there's anything I can do to ease your suffering.... you just let me know. I'm right here for you Old Falcon Fart.
I am sorry you are so bitter and misinformed. Maybe the bullet it will be fine mentioned might be your best option when the time comes. Can't see anyone going out of their way to help you. What a sad existence your life turned into. Nobody to enjoy your golden years with but an imaginary friend. I will take my $108k and see how long it last. You will be broke and destitute.

bacha29

I am sorry you are so bitter and misinformed. Maybe the bullet it will be fine mentioned might be your best option when the time comes. Can't see anyone going out of their way to help you. What a sad existence your life turned into. Nobody to enjoy your golden years with but an imaginary friend. I will take my $108k and see how long it last. You will be broke and destitute.
And that's the entire point. You thought that 108K would shield you from catastrophic late life medical expenses. That's what you were bragging about and tried to impress us with only to have it chewed up and spit back in your face by people who try to keep up to date on key personal financial matters. Not experts by any measure especially myself but we keep our eyes and ears open.

Now when it comes to the huge escalation in long term medical care fees and service charges they are the reason few if any insurers these days even offer this insurance product due to their risk exposure.

You don't need to worry about me. Those nickel and dime retirement activities of yours that you keep trying with zero success to impress us with represent conclusive proof that you too have reservations regarding your own future retirement security.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
With no heirs to leave anything to therefore I will use whatever resources and assets I have at my disposal then just like the 62% of nursing home patients nationwide who are on Medicaid I'll joint them .
If you had any sense you'd have hired a lawyer and had your butt covered.

falcon back

He has no sense. He claims to be a financial genius but he laughs at my 108k Long Term Care Insurance and insists he will just pay for it out of his pocket. While he is selling what little assets he has, I will be kicking back and let insurance pay for my care.

bacha29

He has no sense. He claims to be a financial genius but he laughs at my 108k Long Term Care Insurance and insists he will just pay for it out of his pocket. While he is selling what little assets he has, I will be kicking back and let insurance pay for my care.
No one including me said what you did was stupid. The part you don't seem to understand is the extent to which acute healthcare costs has exploded to the point that it drove insurers out of the LTC insurance sector.

Need example? My brother had an abdominal aneurysm and had to be transferred to a regional trauma center. Nothing unusual. Stuff like this happens all the time His billed services was in excess of $800,000 along with a $24,000 medivac helicopter ride. Now remember that nursing home daily charge does not include the charges if they have to take you back and forth from the hospital. Those hospital charges are in addition to the nursing home's daily charges.
What you did was to see an opportunity and you took full advantage of it. That was smart. You got into a modest plan before insurers cut and ran away from the LTC business as fast as they could get What you did that wasn't so smart was to think that you would be sitting in the catbird seat when it came to protections from acute healthcare costs.

falcon back

No one including me said what you did was stupid. The part you don't seem to understand is the extent to which acute healthcare costs has exploded to the point that it drove insurers out of the LTC insurance sector.

Need example? My brother had an abdominal aneurysm and had to be transferred to a regional trauma center. Nothing unusual. Stuff like this happens all the time His billed services was in excess of $800,000 along with a $24,000 medivac helicopter ride. Now remember that nursing home daily charge does not include the charges if they have to take you back and forth from the hospital. Those hospital charges are in addition to the nursing home's daily charges.
What you did was to see an opportunity and you took full advantage of it. That was smart. You got into a modest plan before insurers cut and ran away from the LTC business as fast as they could get What you did that wasn't so smart was to think that you would be sitting in the catbird seat when it came to protections from acute healthcare costs.
I am $108k ahead of you, yet you said that was nickels. That's a lot of nickels.

bacha29

Sure I could create a trust and move everything into that. But who do I leave it to ? You? No need to do that given the one your Mom (bless her heart) set up for you when you were born then worked and sacrificed everything to build the principal to the point where you've got nothing to worry about. And given all that's she has sacrificed in your behalf even going back and doing a Mama Gump on Fat Freddy to get him to give you your job back... you owe everything to her.

59 Dano

Sure I could create a trust and move everything into that. But who do I leave it to ? You? No need to do that given the one your Mom (bless her heart) set up for you when you were born then worked and sacrificed everything to build the principal to the point where you've got nothing to worry about. And given all that's she has sacrificed in your behalf even going back and doing a Mama Gump on Fat Freddy to get him to give you your job back... you owe everything to her.
I'd report your post, but it'd be taken down and I want people to realize what a stupid, miserable, lowbrow trashy hick you are. Even though you can't help it because you didn't have a dad growing up, you should have learned along the way.

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

I am $108k ahead of you, yet you said that was nickels. That's a lot of nickels.

When it come to LTC insurance, I am WAY ahead of you. While you say 108k is not worth worrying about, that shows how much of a fool you are.
No one cares.

What you REALLY need is stupidity insurance.

bacha29

I'd report your post, but it'd be taken down and I want people to realize what a stupid, miserable, lowbrow trashy hick you are. Even though you can't help it because you didn't have a dad growing up, you should have learned along the way.
That's the problem Dano. You can sure dish it out but you can't take it. A clear testament to the entitled, sheltered and privileged little world you grew up in and continue to live in to this very day.

falcon back

No one cares.

What you REALLY need is stupidity insurance.
Today you are on fry detail. Then you get promoted to the register. Then maybe assistant Mgr. Your career at White Castle has provided you with a nice supplement to your retirement income that you said wasn't enough to get by on. Doesnt it make you sick you pissed away all your opportunities to retire and enjoy yourself.

bacha29

When it come to LTC insurance, I am WAY ahead of you. While you say 108k is not worth worrying about, that shows how much of a fool you are.
You actually think that 108K is real money in today's world where a patient can rack up a million dollars in billed charges is an everyday occurrence . Up until a couple of days ago you really and truly believed that 108K in LTC benefits would actually cover all of your future LTC costs. Sure it might have an impact if you went in to rehab a joint replacement or had spinal surgery. But, if you're in there for the long haul or are in there because your condition was so bad say for example dementia or chronic diabetes or a stroke and there's no coming back out the place that little insurance policy of yours will be dried up in no time. That little policy is designed to cover relatively short term stays with the expectation you will recover to the point where you can look forward to being discharged. But, it's not designed for long term stays there where you are for all intents and purposes waiting to die.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That's the problem Dano. You can sure dish it out but you can't take it. A clear testament to the entitled, sheltered and privileged little world you grew up in and continue to live in to this very day.
Don’t recall @59 Dano dishing on anyone but you. Not your family. Huge difference. Your mind is a latrine.

falcon back

You actually think that 108K is real money in today's world where a patient can rack up a million dollars in billed charges is an everyday occurrence . Up until a couple of days ago you really and truly believed that 108K in LTC benefits would actually cover all of your future LTC costs. Sure it might have an impact if you went in to rehab a joint replacement or had spinal surgery. But, if you're in there for the long haul or are in there because your condition was so bad say for example dementia or chronic diabetes or a stroke and there's no coming back out the place that little insurance policy of yours will be dried up in no time. That little policy is designed to cover relatively short term stays with the expectation you will recover to the point where you can look forward to being discharged. But, it's not designed for long term stays there where you are for all intents and purposes waiting to die.
Either way I am still better off than you and you claim to be a financial genius

59 Dano

Dude, the reason I'd have it removed is because I feel sorry for you being so stupid and intellectually bankrupt to have to stoop to "your mother" remarks. It doesn't bother me that you say such things, it bothers me that you're not any smarter than that. Though I admit that it helps me understand why you're single.