PROJECT DRAGON

falcon back

You haven’t learned the difference between living the dream and a pipedream.
Sure we have. Your miserable life during retirement has been a pipedream. Unable to enjoy your golden years due to a poor plan. For those that sacrificed and had a plan, retirement has been fantastic. Not having to look at a calender except to see when the next retirement check arrives.

bacha29

You haven’t learned the difference between living the dream and a pipedream.
Then there's living a routine, unimpressive and inconsequential life such as yours is.
Now don't misunderstand me Old Falcon Fart. I and I'm sure many if not all of the contributors to this site would love nothing more than to be shocked and awed by the many unique and truly inspiring life experiences you're currently undertaking.

Trouble is.... there aren't any.

A golf club membership and a fishing license is only going to score you just so much action.

So what does this mean Old Falcon Fart?

It means that if you want to truly shock and awe us WITH your retirement, you're going to have to be willing to spend a hell of a lot more money ON your retirement.

Remember.... Money talks a bull feces walks.... And right now in terms of credibility your bs isn't just walking.. it's running in a mad dash out of here having run into a pretty large group of skeptical and astute individuals.

bacha29

Sure we have. Your miserable life during retirement has been a pipedream. Unable to enjoy your golden years due to a poor plan. For those that sacrificed and had a plan, retirement has been fantastic. Not having to look at a calender except to see when the next retirement check arrives.
You can call your welfare check your "retirement" check.... We don't mind.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I said you NOT we.

You haven’t even shown us your retirement badge, that’s because it’s imaginary (like your buddy Swanson) yet you claim to know my financial records like the back of your hand.

You’re a first class horse’s ass.

falcon back

You can call your welfare check your "retirement" check.... We don't mind.
You can call it what you want. I call it financial freedom. Making 10% more in retirement than I and most couriers made working. Meanwhile tex lives in his car and Cactus is eaten up with jealousy and bitterness to the point he can't even enjoy retirement. That is a real shame.

bacha29

You can call it what you want. I call it financial freedom. Making 10% more in retirement than I and most couriers made working. Meanwhile tex lives in his car and Cactus is eaten up with jealousy and bitterness to the point he can't even enjoy retirement. That is a real shame.
Jealousy huh? Prove it. That's right The onus is on you now to prove your accusations regarding Tex and Cactus.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
One of our old dispatchers read one of our customers the riot act about how they're the ones that aren't in compliance with the agreement and when I show up at ready time if it's not ready... I'll be there tomorrow, and while we do care about their shipment, they were the ones that told us when they would have the package packed and ready for us to pick up, not for them to decide to package it and wait an additional 15 minutes for them to do it.
I was a swing years ago. You ran into this doing pickup routes. Some couriers never showed up until the last minute and still gave them time to get their shipment ready. That's fine, but the regular courier needs to tell Jim at ACME that his pickup window is 1530-1700 and there's a good chance that I'll be there much earlier than 1655. I rarely waited and gave them the same "This is when you said your shipment would be ready" speech as you did. They got ticked off but they're the ones who set the ready time, not me.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If they get their own dedicated can from that location and bigger, they get a metric ton more leeway on what they can do. This customer was a daily pup that just wouldn't get it even though I tried for weeks to get them to be at least under 5 minutes of wait time.

Once they pulled the "we're a medical place you gotta wait as long as it takes" was when it flipped to "nope, no I don't, bye!"
Anytime a customer told me that I had to do something, that was a guarantee that I wouldn't do it. Ask me politely and work with me without it being a frequent issue, I'd do just about anything, but telling me I have to? LOL, wrong.

falcon back

Jealousy huh? Prove it. That's right The onus is on you now to prove your accusations regarding Tex and Cactus.
Tex has posted on many occasions that he lives in his car. Cactus has stated many times how poor the pension plan is and how hard it is to live on the pension. Simple for you to look up if you are bored.

Working4the1%

I was a swing years ago. You ran into this doing pickup routes. Some couriers never showed up until the last minute and still gave them time to get their shipment ready. That's fine, but the regular courier needs to tell Jim at ACME that his pickup window is 1530-1700 and there's a good chance that I'll be there much earlier than 1655. I rarely waited and gave them the same "This is when you said your shipment would be ready" speech as you did. They got ticked off but they're the ones who set the ready time, not me.
I tell them relax… just take it to the Airport Station that closes at 9PM and it will get out. Bye

Cactus

Tex has posted on many occasions that he lives in his car. Cactus has stated many times how poor the pension plan is and how hard it is to live on the pension. Simple for you to look up if you are bored.
Yeah, I’ve said how poor the pension plan is but never said how hard it is to live on the pension only. Big difference there. I’m on a diet so quit sticking words in my mouth.

Btw, where’s your retirement badge? We’re still waiting. Or is it on a billboard on the highway that says “my life’s great and your life sucks.”

falcon back

Yeah, I’ve said how poor the pension plan is but never said how hard it is to live on the pension only. Big difference there. I’m on a diet so quit sticking words in my mouth.

Btw, where’s your retirement badge? We’re still waiting. Or is it on a billboard on the highway that says “my life’s great and your life sucks.”
Did you see that billboard? I heard they had finally put it up but I had my doubts. Maybe I will see it on my way to Boston when I go to Fenway to see the Yankees and the Red Sox series. I am stoked about stepping inside Fenway and seeing the Green Monster. I bet your retirement is going well too. Joining your friends at Denny's for morning coffee can be very exciting. I bet you take your own thermos and have the waitress bring refills so you can take coffee home with you.

Cactus

Did you see that billboard? I heard they had finally put it up but I had my doubts. Maybe I will see it on my way to Boston when I go to Fenway to see the Yankees and the Red Sox series. I am stoked about stepping inside Fenway and seeing the Green Monster.
Zzzzz….thanks for the insomnia cure.

Stat41

Compliments to you for being blessed, saving, and making good financial decisions Falcon. Making more in retirement than when working is very rare. If thats the case for you, why then do you feel the need to come on an online forum of your former employer to argue with and belittle people? Isnt your living the dream lifestyle enough for you to be complete? Im going to be retiring in a couple of years and financially I will be OK. But I would never lord my success over others who for one reason or another are not in the same position that I am. I am grateful for what I have. Why aren't you?

bacha29

Compliments to you for being blessed, saving, and making good financial decisions Falcon. Making more in retirement than when working is very rare. If thats the case for you, why then do you feel the need to come on an online forum of your former employer to argue with and belittle people? Isnt your living the dream lifestyle enough for you to be complete? Im going to be retiring in a couple of years and financially I will be OK. But I would never lord my success over others who for one reason or another are not in the same position that I am. I am grateful for what I have. Why aren't you?
Old Falcon Fart keeps trying to make something out of nothing. His retirement is what is nothing. His post retirement life experiences are NOTHING EXCEPTIONAL! I could see it if he was bicycling through China, climbing in the Himalaya's or restoring a war bird. But playing a round of golf, drowning a worm or going to a ball game.... who hasn't done that at least once in their life time?

The fact that an exceptional retirement requires spending exceptional amounts of money on that retirement none of which he's doing
represents conclusive proof that he's clearly not as well off as he tries to make everyone think he is.

We'll see how long his money holds out when he ends up in a nursing home where he can join the other 62% of the residents nationwide who are on Medicaid because they outlived their money.

falcon back

I am ecstatic. Just like to pick on those that say it can't be done and call me ignorant because they feel mighty in their wealth of knowledge. They feel the need to call me names in order to make themselves feel better but we all did the same job and I made the best out of my years of employment while Tex, Cactus and bacha pissed away their opportunities.

falcon back

Old Falcon Fart keeps trying to make something out of nothing. His retirement is what is nothing. His post retirement life experiences are NOTHING EXCEPTIONAL! I could see it if he was bicycling through China, climbing in the Himalaya's or restoring a war bird. But playing a round of golf, drowning a worm or going to a ball game.... who hasn't done that at least once in their life time?

The fact that an exceptional retirement requires spending exceptional amounts of money on that retirement none of which he's doing
represents conclusive proof that he's clearly not as well off as he tries to make everyone think he is.

We'll see how long his money holds out when he ends up in a nursing home where he can join the other 62% of the residents nationwide who are on Medicaid because they outlived their money.
Long term care insurance will take care of my assisted living needs. The company offered it years ago and I began paying way before I was 50. Somewhere around $18 a month for about 6k a month in coverage. Had it for years and hope I never need it but it's there if I do. Proper planning you tool. I did it, you didn't. Nice try though.

Cactus

Long term care insurance will take care of my assisted living needs. The company offered it years ago and I began paying way before I was 50. Somewhere around $18 a month for about 6k a month in coverage. Had it for years and hope I never need it but it's there if I do. Proper planning you tool. I did it, you didn't. Nice try though.
52F16ECE-1CC1-48EC-A16F-72B60F4A91CE.jpeg

falcon back

Lol. You hate the fact that someone had a 40 year plan for retirement and implemented that plan and now lives the good life. Your plan was to not save or sacrifice and now that you retired, you scrape by. I take it you didn't take advantage of the Long Term Care insurance offered years ago. It was a fantastic plan though it seemed not needed when I began buying it. Now that I am older, I am glad I did.

Last edited: