Pros and Cons of not joining the union? Hub worker candidate here in At-Will state.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: Pros and Cons of not joining the union? Hub worker candidate here in At-Will sta

Your punishment would come when you needed the union representation in a disciplinary matter. They would help you but I would bet that the help you received was the minimal required by law.

Good observation ... sounds like UPS management.

AssistantSanta

Re: Pros and Cons of not joining the union? Hub worker candidate here in At-Will sta

Thank you, now I know what it means. I can tell you the guys that crossed in 97 that do still work here to this day are still called scabs by some.

So basically, don't join union and ignore union's agenda and you're subject to work place harassment by Teamsters? I thought such things are terminable offense..?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

So basically, don't join union and ignore union's agenda and you're subject to work place harassment by Teamsters? I thought such things are terminable offense..?

If you ain't with 'em, you're agin them!

No witnesses ... the end justifies the means.

rocket man

DO WHAT YOU WANT YOUR GONNA MAKE YOUR gonna make your own choice . you are not fooling anyone. by asking on this . you work in a center of many union people already. and if we ever go on strike and thats a big if? guess whos working with the supervisors not us. guess who?

Thank you, now I know what it means. I can tell you the guys that crossed in 97 that do still work here to this day are still called scabs by some.
When the hell are we going to get a love button.

Johney

You know what guy I've come to my own conclusion that you shouldn't worry about paying dues, I'd bet you'll end up a p/t sup in the first couple of months anyways.

menotyou

bella amicizia

How many managers harass at the workplace and still have their jobs? If you are trying to qualify harassment at UPS as a Teamster only issue, you

Fail!

VITOGOLD

iT'S SIMPLE...PART-TIMERS NEED TO JOIN THE UNION ! WE NEED THE NUMBERS ON OUR SIDE, SO WE STOP GETTING PUSHED ASIDE!

AssistantSanta

If you are trying to qualify harassment at UPS as a Teamster only issue, you
I was asking if not joining the union or not supporting union objectives will subject me to harassment by coworkers. A few said yes. It is a union only issue if non conformity with union agenda is the reason for harassment.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

Why do you want to be a hub worker?

Overpaid Union Thug

When I hear that only 20% of union members even voted (I was one of them) in the recent election I can't help but think that all of the attitude towards non union members here is slightly hypocritical.

menotyou

bella amicizia

I was asking if not joining the union or not supporting union objectives will subject me to harassment by coworkers. A few said yes. It is a union only issue if non conformity with union agenda is the reason for harassment.
I know exactly what you were trying to ask.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Oh, I'm sure everybody here voted..