brown_trousers

You must have been so distraught over hub automation and the potential loss of part-time employees that it took you a few years to register and enlighten the rest of us.

Wosrt case you will be in the building with an easy clerk job. At least with 23 years you'll still have a decent paycheck.

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, I know it would suck to lose your air job. For some reason your original post came across very whiny to me.

They should at least be allowed to follow their work if it is converted into a combo job. Im sure that is not contractually supported, but it should be. We should never have teamsters taking work from other teamsters.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is a Union proposal though. I am guessing they would want those PT air jobs to be turned into 22.3 positions. A lot of them already are. We only have 4 PT PM air drivers out of 9, the other 5 are 22.3. EAM drivers are mostly PT, only one is 22.3 from our building.

The union isn't here to make sure you have a job that works for your specific situation.

I'd like to start at 8 am and end by 3 everyday. How dare they not get me that job. I pay dues!!!!

Brownslave688

They should at least be allowed to follow their work if it is converted into a combo job. Im sure that is not contractually supported, but it should be. We should never have teamsters taking work from other teamsters.
You mean a part timer should automatically get the ft bid if part of their job becomes a combo?

Yeah uhhhhhh no

Brownslave688

The responsible thing would be to wait until a job is vacated before converting it to a combo.

But if they cant wait that long. A teamster should have a right to follow their work.
It's a new job at that point so it's bid. As it should be.

They should not get to automatically fall into a 22.3 job just because it was part of their previous job.

A 25 year driver whose body is shot and needs that job to make it to retirement should not get a shot over some 5 year part timer?

brown_trousers

It's a new job at that point so it's bid. As it should be.

They should not get to automatically fall into a 22.3 job just because it was part of their previous job.

A 25 year driver whose body is shot and needs that job to make it to retirement should not get a shot over some 5 year part timer?

Values are values.
Kicking a teamster to the curb, so their work can be given to another teamster is just unethical.

I guess there is always a way to justify unethical behavior, but it doesnt change the morality of it

542thruNthru

Values are values.
Kicking a teamster to the curb, so their work can be given to another teamster is just unethical.

I guess there is always a way to justify unethical behavior, but it doesnt change the morality of it

How are they getting kicked to the curb? They still have a job.

Unless they bid the job the work is not theirs.

brown_trousers

How are they getting kicked to the curb? They still have a job.

Unless they bid the job the work is not theirs.
Im not sure how it would work exactly, but im guessing those drivers would get kicked out of their air driving jobs into an inside position where they would make alot less money.

I would consider a $10 hour paycut being kicked to the curb

brown_trousers

It's called having seniority and choosing which job you want

I believe it is a teamsters union value to be able to follow your work. I know in my center there is some rule about 50% of your work being reassigned, then you should have a right to follow that work wherever it goes. But im FT, i doubt there would be a rule like that for PT

Brownslave688

Values are values.

They still have a job. They aren't getting kicked to the curb.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I believe it is a teamsters union value to be able to follow your work. I know in my center there is some rule about 50% of your work being reassigned, then you should have a right to follow that work wherever it goes. But im FT, i doubt there would be a rule like that for PT

If 50% of the stops changed on a bid route you could bump another Bid Driver off their route if the 50% change made your route suck

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Values are values.

It’s called seniority. Pretty much the only thing you have while working here besides the pay and benefits. Get used to it.

542thruNthru

That's because you bid that route and it's in the contract.

I don't know of any air drivers that bid routes at least in my local. You sign up to become a air driver and work when needed. You don't have a set area that's yours.

brown_trousers

That's because you bid that route and it's in the contract.

I don't know of any air drivers that bid routes at least in my local. You sign up to become a air driver and work when needed. You don't have a set area that's yours.

Oh, that makes sense. I guess i was under the impression they had a bidded route like we do, but with just the air stops.