Protect yourself!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I've heard this for my center as well.
And good riddence, it's a looney bin on Saturday. Place looks like a well oiled machine on the weekdays, in comparison.

Extremely thin stop density, crazy combined dispatches, the worst of the batch of preloaders, technical building challenges, absolutely no codes keys or fobs and at every truck will be empty (paradoxically) on both Saturday and Monday

Thebrownblob

And good riddence, it's a looney bin on Saturday. Place looks like a well oiled machine on the weekdays, in comparison.

Extremely thin stop density, crazy combined dispatches, the worst of the batch of preloaders, technical building challenges, absolutely no codes keys or fobs and at every truck will be empty (paradoxically) on both Saturday and Monday
Interesting I haven’t heard anything about Saturday going away. I think it makes sense though.

21Savage

Ehh as an RPCD that works every Saturday I personally think it goes extremely smooth on the inside. My truck is always done being loaded when I get there, tons of drivers working preload so the load quality is usually excellent, always leave right at start time etc...

Weekdays are the :censored2: show.

I ran orion 100% yesterday and was walking out the building by 6. Even took me a nice lunch at Five Guys ✊

Last edited:

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
..or, and this if far more likely, he will find areas that need improvement....perhaps he is spending a little too much time BSing with his customers or is getting signatures when he should be either DRing or CIRing or is doing his customer a "favor" by making multiple drops rather than delivering to a single location at a business...maybe he is driving more than 1 mile in either direction off his main route to have lunch at his favorite spot or he may be spending too much time in the cargo area or may not be parking to where he can deliver two or more residential stops from the same parked position...

Any on car or business manager can find ways to improve even the most efficient driver routine. The only difference is the degree of improvement that can be achieved and whether the driver incorporates those improvements in to his/her daily routine. It takes less than a minute for an on car to figure out if a driver is putting on a show during a ride along.

drool.gif

Last edited:

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
One of our dispatchers let it leak that they may be getting rid of Saturday ground in my center... :)

Good. Maybe then Mondays will be less :censored2:ed.

I love Tuesday morning PCMs.

Management like Dragon running around demanding why pickup compliance was missed, why were there so many backs and why the overallowed was so high, as if its some big mystery why cramming 4 routes into 1 on Monday isn't sustainable.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Good. Maybe then Mondays will be less :censored2:ed.

I love Tuesday morning PCMs.

Management like Dragon running around demanding why pickup compliance was missed, why were there so many backs and why the overallowed was so high, as if its some big mystery why cramming 4 routes into 1 on Monday isn't sustainable.
late start = late finish

anytime I leave building after 9 it’s automatic 21:00 ETA

😎✊

ManInBrown

Their numbers are a joke. Don’t even pay attention to them. Got a three day ride by my center manager about a year before I left for feeders. Flat out told me time studies were all done 20-25 years ago. Their numbers are worthless.

DOK

I just lost some respect from you after that statement

And Orion is a joke

If it's supposed to save the company money why does it shuffle your route up to give you more miles if you're under dispatched?
I noticed this too, if you’re under dispatched it runs you around to give you more miles.
Part of the problem with Orion is it prioritizes your shelf order, meaning it wants to follow 1000, the 2000, then 3000 etc. If your dispatcher gives you a split of 20 stops or so and improperly(lazily) places them in the 1000 or 8000 shelf rather than looking on the map tool to place them on the shelf where your route meets that split, the result is your Orion is Jacked.
If the split was placed in the 1000 shelf, it will want you to deliver a half a dozen stops of the split, then drive all the way back to the beginning of your route for airs, then all the way back out to split area, then all the way back to start of route that is now in the 2000 shelf when it should’ve been in the 1000 to begin with.
Very hard to explain. I think some in management think you could just throw all the stops in a pile and Orion will figure out the most efficient route, and that’s just not the case. It takes a dispatcher that puts the stops in the correct order/section.

I noticed this too, if you’re under dispatched it runs you around to give you more miles.
Part of the problem with Orion is it prioritizes your shelf order, meaning it wants to follow 1000, the 2000, then 3000 etc. If your dispatcher gives you a split of 20 stops or so and improperly(lazily) places them in the 1000 or 8000 shelf rather than looking on the map tool to place them on the shelf where your route meets that split, the result is your Orion is Jacked.
If the split was placed in the 1000 shelf, it will want you to deliver a half a dozen stops of the split, then drive all the way back to the beginning of your route for airs, then all the way back out to split area, then all the way back to start of route that is now in the 2000 shelf when it should’ve been in the 1000 to begin with.
Very hard to explain. I think some in management think you could just throw all the stops in a pile and Orion will figure out the most efficient route, and that’s just not the case. It takes a dispatcher that puts the stops in the correct order/section.
Like I said it's a joke
The company would rather pay more money in fuel than to pay you a little bit of money to get your 8 hour guarantee

JustDeliverIt

Part of the problem with Orion is it prioritizes your shelf order, meaning it wants to follow 1000, the 2000, then 3000 etc.

I wish this was the case but I find it to be the exact opposite. Orion will have me cherry picking stops throughout the entire truck, going into neighborhoods with 4-8 streets 2 or 3 times a day. EDD is set up well and if it followed it then it would be smooth. But you never make room because you’re never clearing a shelf and driving into the same small neighborhood multiple times is just ridiculous.