PT Air Drivers Losing Their Jobs!!!

ptdriver

Is this effecting all Air Drivers nationwide or only in Minnesota?
I work OCA at MSP. I was told that the company is restructuring the Twin Cities. They want to dissolve the OCA and EAM driver positions. I’m guessing that means no air drivers out of the airport. All these jobs will be absorbed by the centers? It feels like the company wants to punish us for the new contract. Ive been told for many years that the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) is unique with the part time air drivers working out of the airport.
Is this effecting all Air Drivers nationwide or only in Minnesota?

Commercial Inside Release

MSP is not exactly unique, it is just one of the last places that operate that way. Only a few Locals still use Air Drivers -- Air Drivers are an endangered species companywide. Article 40 just made the full-time ground Teamsters turn on the part time air drivers. So, for years there have been grievances for many things about the Air Drivers.

Now that FedEx is rolling everything into their ground operation, UPS will get rid of the remaining Air Drivers... The two companies are always tit for tat. And, undoubtedly there is a push to layoff (and fire) drivers, because of the new contract. UPS might have to make 7,500 jobs but nothing is stopping them from firing 7,500 drivers.

35years

Gravy route
I work OCA at MSP. I was told that the company is restructuring the Twin Cities. They want to dissolve the OCA and EAM driver positions. I’m guessing that means no air drivers out of the airport. All these jobs will be absorbed by the centers? It feels like the company wants to punish us for the new contract. Ive been told for many years that the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) is unique with the part time air drivers working out of the airport.
Contact your business agent, make sure he is aware of the situation. If they have a change in operation (not running air from the airport) usually they have to work out with the union what happens to the affected employees. If they use part timers to run the air out of a different facility you would likely be able to follow your work. If they start using regular package car drivers, you would likely be allowed to bump into the building that absorbs the work, but not keep your gig (say hello to loading).

Years ago every package car was washed every night. Those on rural routes with gravel roads were hosed out every night. The package cars in the city were cleaned out as needed and all glass inside and outside were cleaned. May sound like over kill but today no one takes any pride in any job they may have. Just do the least you can get away with and cash that paycheck.
BACK IN MUH DAY

lol shut up and just park the car wagie