PT Air Gateway Package Handler duties (AZ)

JL13

I’m just hoping to get some information as to how Air Gateway work compares to HUB work. I just moved to AZ, coming from CA. I worked preload back in CA for about a year, left for a better immediate opportunity at that time - fast forward some time, I’m now in AZ. Ideally the Goodyear HUB would have open opportunity, but it does not. I’ve been seeing Mesa, PHX & Tempe opening and closing opportunities over the past few weeks. Today I happened to check openings and the PHX Air Gateway opened up, first time seeing that, and it caught my eye because there’s a ‘day’ shift available (1-7:30) - that midday timeframe fits me much better than sunrise & twilight at this time. Coming from a preload position (I unloaded & scanned), what should I expect in actual job duty? Realistic expected shift hours?

Is the road to driving about the same timeframe as it is in CA, which was about 6-8 years when I was with UPS two years ago.

Thanks in advance.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’m just hoping to get some information as to how Air Gateway work compares to HUB work. I just moved to AZ, coming from CA. I worked preload back in CA for about a year, left for a better immediate opportunity at that time - fast forward some time, I’m now in AZ. Ideally the Goodyear HUB would have open opportunity, but it does not. I’ve been seeing Mesa, PHX & Tempe opening and closing opportunities over the past few weeks. Today I happened to check openings and the PHX Air Gateway opened up, first time seeing that, and it caught my eye because there’s a ‘day’ shift available (1-7:30) - that midday timeframe fits me much better than sunrise & twilight at this time. Coming from a preload position (I unloaded & scanned), what should I expect in actual job duty? Realistic expected shift hours?

Is the road to driving about the same timeframe as it is in CA, which was about 6-8 years when I was with UPS two years ago.

Thanks in advance.

Do they even have package drivers at PHX

ibleedbrown

No AC but there’s swamp cooling in there. Stay away from the Phx building at all costs. It’s a complete hellhole and smile* show. Mesa Tempe Goodyear and Gateway are much better choices.

How bad does the heat get in the buildings out there? Goodyear is a new facility right? Phoenix area is developing quick there must be a ton of work and need for employees.

UPSER1987

Yes, Goodyear is about a year old brand new building. Phoenix always needs employees...pt and ft. It’s just an outdated, over capacity building. That is why there are so many problems there.

JL13

No AC but there’s swamp cooling in there. Stay away from the Phx building at all costs. It’s a complete hellhole and smile* show. Mesa Tempe Goodyear and Gateway are much better choices.

Is the Estrella Center location the PHX location you’re speaking of, off 73rd & the 10?

Going down a few posts to the comment mentioning gateways are much easier work than at a hub. Any particular reasoning for that? I guess that’s my original question, how the two compare. All I have experience with is unloading at sunrise, that’s the standard I think of when working PT for UPS.

UPSER1987

Yes The Estrella building is at 73rd and the I10.

The volume and package sizes are much less at a Gateway than a hub. At the Gateway you spend a lot of time waiting