PT OT question.

RolloTony Brown Town

As a preloader, if I am working 7 1/2 hours a day, even with the hour lunch, how does the OT section on my timecard say “0.32 hours”? Am I being screwed?

Why are you getting an hour lunch if you’re a preloader?

What exactly did you work? Just preload? Did you deliver or shuttle air? Did you extend onto another shift?

RolloTony Brown Town

Sounds to me like the 1 hour lunch is intended to avoid paying OT. Pretty smart on management part.

If it’s all preload then they shouldn’t be able to split shift him and deny his OT. If there’s an operation running then he should be working instead of taking a meal period. If it is a split shift then it is what it is. First time as an hourly I realized I wasn’t getting OT after 5 on split shift I was pissed. Nobody clarifies that..

PT Car Washer

If it’s all preload then they shouldn’t be able to split shift him and deny his OT. If there’s an operation running then he should be working instead of taking a meal period. If it is a split shift then it is what it is. First time as an hourly I realized I wasn’t getting OT after 5 on split shift I was :censored2:. Nobody clarifies that..
I think management is saying he is double shifting and under their supplement double shifters don't receive OT after 5 hours. Pretty shady but I believe it.

Shift 2

As a preloader, if I am working 7 1/2 hours a day, even with the hour lunch, how does the OT section on my timecard say “0.32 hours”? Am I being screwed?
You forfeit your ot after 5 hrs when you take a 1 hr break. The only way around it is to go home after you work you five hours. Or if you work straight through the first 6 hrs with out the break between the 4-5. They are also coding you as if your working 2 shifts. Also you are guaranteed 8 hrs of work

ski or die

Ski or Die
It seems as though there have been several posts recently of time card shaving. Maybe a class action suit with the Dept of Labor to investigate the matter. With a possible huge fine pending, the company will straighten the matter out.
Possibly, the supervisor's being under pressure from upper management to make goals are shaving time and doing hourly work. Grievances haven't been able to stop these problems as they continue on. But the Dept of Labor will stop them. This company does not like the government looking into their records.

Jvoorhees1984

You forfeit your ot after 5 hrs when you take a 1 hr break. The only way around it is to go home after you work you five hours. Or if you work straight through the first 6 hrs with out the break between the 4-5. They are also coding you as if your working 2 shifts. Also you are guaranteed 8 hrs of work
What do you mean I’m guaranteed 8 hours?

They'll give drivers ot before us. And drivers cost more.
Not true. Drivers have a start time, they can’t change it due to the preload not being wrapped up. They send preloaders home when the drivers start because they are now paying 2 people to load.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Not true. Drivers have a start time, they can’t change it due to the preload not being wrapped up. They send preloaders home when the drivers start because they are now paying 2 people to load.
Unless they kick us off early and start drivers up early. Which they also have done.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
sometimes they send preloaders home, sometimes they dont

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
In the central its OT after 5 hours of work no matter a hr lunch or not. What region are you in? I would go to your union steward tomorrow and address this issue immediately, you should have 1.5 of OT even with a hour lunch unpaid.

PizzaToUps

In southwest package rider, it states nothing on part time over time and only mentions full time employee overtime. Does this mean part timers only get OT if they work over 8? Or would their OT apply to what is stated in the master?

542thruNthru

In southwest package rider, it states nothing on part time over time and only mentions full time employee overtime. Does this mean part timers only get OT if they work over 8? Or would their OT apply to what is stated in the master?

What does the Master say about OT for PT employees?