PT OT question.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Jvoorhees1984, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Jvoorhees1984

Jvoorhees1984 Member

As a preloader, if I am working 7 1/2 hours a day, even with the hour lunch, how does the OT section on my timecard say “0.32 hours”? Am I being screwed?

2. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Overtime is for over 8/40 hours.

3. Jvoorhees1984

Jvoorhees1984 Member

How can that be when for part timers anything worked over 5 hours is considered overtime? In December, anything worked over 5 hours was overtime.

4. MarvelousMunata

MarvelousMunata The Scapegoat With Attitude

Part timers go into OT after 5 hours.
    What was ur start time and on what day? Because there can be a few reasons why it did that on your time card.

5. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

You sure it is overtime and not the right to work 8?

6. MarvelousMunata

Also, wtf. How do u get an hour lunch??
    Us preloaders get a single 15 minute break.
    ( twi during peak)

7. MarvelousMunata

Theres no right to work 8 for pt. Its 3.5 hours

8. Jvoorhees1984

Jvoorhees1984 Member

With the lunch it’s basically more or less 6 and change hours a day. All of those hours, 30hrs are in the regular pay column. 0.32 in the OT column. Something is off with that. 4-5 of those hours should be considered OT.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. MarvelousMunata

wth...what am not understanding here. Is he a preloader part timer or full?

10. Jvoorhees1984

Jvoorhees1984 Member

The understanding I get is that being that I’m brought in early (2am) they need to give me the extended ‘lunch’ . If it was up to me I’d just take a half hour ‘lunch’. I’m now basically feeling that they are more or less screwing me with the OT.

11. Jvoorhees1984

Jvoorhees1984 Member

I am part time. Not full time.

12. MarvelousMunata

What extended lunch? What exactly do u do on preload? Cuz they dont extend anything regardless how early. Especially if ur working less than 8 hours.

13. MarvelousMunata

14. Jvoorhees1984

Jvoorhees1984 Member

This is what I’ve been told since they have been bringing me in early. That’s the only answers I have about the ‘lunch.’ The more concerning thing to me is that i feel like
    My timecard is being manipulated and I’m being screwed out of 4-5 ovetime hours a week.

15. Jvoorhees1984

Jvoorhees1984 Member

By that chart, being that listed on the timecard is “0.32”, they paid me for 19 minutes of overtime when I worked 5 hours of ovetime. That’s ....... that’s just great.

16. MarvelousMunata

7 and a half hours worked should pop up as 5 regular hours and then 2.50 OT
    If ur taking more than 10 minute break.
    ( Sorry my bad. We dont get 15 minutes, we only get 10 min. Idky i said 15)
    But if ur taking about an hour break, its possibly theyre clocking you out for that time. Because if u take a break longer than 10 minutes, by contract they dont have to pay for that. But if you only take a 10 minute break they pay you the 10 minutes

17. Jvoorhees1984

Jvoorhees1984 Member

Even with the punchout, that still leaves me with 6 and change hours worked. For the week that is 5 hours of overtime. Something is not correct here.

18. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

r u in the union yet or on 30 days

19. Oak

Oak Active Member

Sounds like they are trying to say you are double shifting.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  20. MarvelousMunata

If u worked 7.5 hours. Thats little oher 2 hours overtime. But if ur taking an hour break thats 5 hours worked and 1.5 hours ot.

Oooooo unless youre taking a break before u hit 5 hours. Then they clock u out and when they clock u back in after ur hour break it restarts the timer from that point. So thats why u only have 19 minutes ot.

Yoooooo theyre * playin u. Stop taking that hour break. Only take the 10 minutes. Ur part time. Hour break is not required

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2019