PT pay with minimum hiring rates

JustDeliverIt

Looking for some clarification, I went on upsers to look at my contract impact statement. I shifted over to wages and noticed something I hope is right.

The hiring rate at our hub is 15.00 and is a minimum that everyone gets. The impact statement is reporting that I'll get the 70 cent GWI and be at 15.70 in August. If this is right I'll be voting yes, but I just want to make sure

Check with your BA, but I do not believe this is right. The way it was explained to me was that if the contract is ratified at a $13/hour starting wage, even if locally you receive $15 to start, you will be stuck at $15 until your wages + GWI get above $15/hour. The company is agreeing, in their eyes, to "overpay" you to start.

Dollar Chasing

RDO removal has been coming for years. All of you people having trouble with it? It’s your fault. I’ve NEVER used RDO, adapted to breaking ORION because it’s order is dumb, and ran it my way while keeping the board in ODO for 4 years now. 90%+ trace every day, scratch or better on my miles every day, under allowed, lunch break, I never run...what’s y’alls problems?

Narlis

Looking for some clarification, I went on upsers to look at my contract impact statement. I shifted over to wages and noticed something I hope is right.

The hiring rate at our hub is 15.00 and is a minimum that everyone gets. The impact statement is reporting that I'll get the 70 cent GWI and be at 15.70 in August. If this is right I'll be voting yes, but I just want to make sure

when did you get hired? raises work based on your wage you should be at, not the wage you are actually at

for example... if you make 15 dollars right now but contractual you are at 13.50... you will not get a raise in aug because the 70 cents would put you at 14.20, which is less then 15 dollars...

meaning in 2 years when you get 80 cents, you will still only be at 15 dollars which is the same as the 15 you make now.... meaning it will take you a full 3 years to get a raise...

figure out your contractual pay then add the raises and that will be when you see a raise

hopefully this makes sense.....

Days

when did you get hired? raises work based on your wage you should be at, not the wage you are actually at

for example... if you make 15 dollars right now but contractual you are at 13.50... you will not get a raise in aug because the 70 cents would put you at 14.20, which is less then 15 dollars...

meaning in 2 years when you get 80 cents, you will still only be at 15 dollars which is the same as the 15 you make now.... meaning it will take you a full 3 years to get a raise...

figure out your contractual pay then add the raises and that will be when you see a raise

hopefully this makes sense.....

i already knew that. The impact statement says my rate will be 15.70 as of August 2018

Same ol crap

Coming from a driver that has sold out part timers every contract? No driver should be criticizing me about selling out. This contract under these terms offers me a 1.50 raise that would've taken me.3 years to get
When you get fired for dishonesty or harassed to death, let me know if a $1.50 was worth it.

Narlis

got it to work... first thing it says is this... lol

"These estimates are based on particular assumptions. While efforts have been made to ensure the information provided here is personalized to you, it should not be relied on to calculate exact payroll or other financial data"

it says i will be at 14.70 which is wrong as far as my union stewards say... i will be at 14.20 with the 70 cent raise

who knows tho... call and see i guess.... there is a lot of wrong information going around all the time

Narlis

i want to also make the point that 5 years ago... the offer they gave us did not have catch up raises...they voted it down and got catch up raises....

so if you have under like 7 years... you are going to want to vote no... if we vote this down we will get catch up raises... so youll get even more raises on top of the 4.15

JustDeliverIt

i already knew that. The impact statement says my rate will be 15.70 as of August 2018

My impact statement has me getting raises the next few years, even though I'm red circled in the drivers progression. The company is putting those out, you cannot go by that. They say on the explanation that it is a projection. Once they get the yes vote and you get no raise they will be sure to point that out to you. I am not expecting a raise because the actual language of the contract says I will not be.

My impact statement has me getting raises the next few years, even though I'm red circled in the drivers progression. The company is putting those out, you cannot go by that. They say on the explanation that it is a projection. Once they get the yes vote and you get no raise they will be sure to point that out to you. I am not expecting a raise because the actual language of the contract says I will not be.

Not so fast, my friend:
Article 41 section 1
"Full-time employees still in progression on the effective date of this Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual raises."

Blackstream

Apparently one of my supplements states that if we're getting a market increase ($15 minimum for example), you don't lose the increase and you get the gwi (putting you up to $15.70 in the previous example).

So basically, for OP's case, if you have a supplement that includes that language, yeah you'll go to $15.70. Otherwise you'll probably get your $0.70 cent raise, then get bumped up to the new minimum if you need to.

JustDeliverIt

Not so fast, my friend:
Article 41 section 1
"Full-time employees still in progression on the effective date of this Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual raises."

I agree, if the new progression rate was above the red circled rate. On the final progression year my pay will go up because it's above my current rate. The adjustments will only increase your pay if it brings you up to the minimum, not going to add to the above minimum rate anyone already receives.

km3

Apparently one of my supplements states that if we're getting a market increase ($15 minimum for example), you don't lose the increase and you get the gwi (putting you up to $15.70 in the previous example).

The master proposal says the same thing. He should be fine.

I agree, if the new progression rate was above the red circled rate. On the final progression year my pay will go up because it's above my current rate. The adjustments will only increase your pay if it brings you up to the minimum, not going to add to the above minimum rate anyone already receives.

Well thanks for being a naysayer...thought the company was gonna step up and do the right thing!
images.jpeg

Dritalin

I just checked UPSers.com and can confirm the same information. I'm at $15 and it shows the GWI based off of that rate. The information has the following caveats...

Assumptions
  • Your current wage rate is higher than the proposed contract rate. You will continue at your current wage rate, plus receive General Wage Increases.
  • If you see an error in your statement or profile, please click the Contact Us link and let us know.
  • Additional compensation resulting from bonus pay has not been considered for the purpose of calculating the impact of the proposed contract on your wages.
It seems like we are in fact going to be getting raises in this contract over the next five years. This is a HUGE win for people in my area. Like you I'm a skeptic and will believe it when I see it, but I can't do much about an outright lie from UPS, which this would be if not true.

I wanted to keep pension and healthcare while getting raises based off of my current rate. I've gotten all three things I wanted. I sometimes TCD drive and still want clearer over 70 language, but this is appearing to be the best PT contract in decades and will likely be a yes vote from me.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
"Additional compensation resulting from bonus pay" please explain?

Presuming you are part time, do you seriously believe that these 22.4 positions will not reduce or eliminate your overtime as a part timer. They have to find inside work to complete their 8 + hour work day.

.70 x 20 hours = 14 dollars a week gross..take home 10 maybe 11 dollars a week..Gas prices going up to 3 or 4 dollars, Rate of Inflation going up 2.5...Sure is tempting to me..Big money for a Union employee, you really have to study the history of how this thing is going.

This contract is not part time friendly.