PT Sup Question

Coyboy88

I was offered the PT sup position over the belt. I have been in the preload for 3yrs is it worth Taking the PT sup position or just stay where I'm at?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

That depends. Do you want to drive? If so, stay away. If you're doing it as a college job I highly recommend it if you can put up with a lot. There's a bunch of threads on the subject just in the last couple of weeks. Check the Partners forum.

watdaflock?

I'm 26 I'm not in school. Just don't know if it would be worth it
I say no after seeing what the PT Sups put up with. Not sure about where you are but they transfer sups around all the time. Not only does your commute change, you end up having to build rapport with all new people.

If you have strong will and consider UPS as a possible career, go for it.
Maybe you become a center manager within a few years.

*Didn't the UPS President start as a preloader?

Coyboy88

I say no after seeing what the PT Sups put up with. Not sure about where you are but they transfer sups around all the time. Not only does your commute change, you end up having to build rapport with all new people.

If you have strong will and consider UPS as a possible career, go for it.
Maybe you become a center manager within a few years.

*Didn't the UPS President start as a preloader?
Thank you for your opinion. Kind of want to avoid being a driver seeing as 1 season as a helper messed with my knees a lot and no i'm not over weight lol

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm 26 I'm not in school. Just don't know if it would be worth it

Without any sort of college education/degree, your chance for advancement at UPS is pretty slim in comparison to your competition. A lot of PT sup jobs are dead end jobs full of false promises. I've seen it many times and most regret doing it.

And as far as being a driver, sign the feeder list and drive big boy trucks. Your knees will never hurt and eventually you will be overweight. So it's like killing two birds with one stone. ;)

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Well aren't you just a ignorant dick. If their isn't a sup position to fill it won't be offered to anyone think before you speak :censored2:
If you can't take a little joke like that, you're not going to do well as a PT sup. You need a thick skin in that position.

browner89

If you've been there for 3 years and need help deciding on whether or not the PT sup job is worth taking or not then you aren't cut out for it. I'm not trying to be a dick, but honestly...

UPSGUY72

Well aren't you just a ignorant dick. If their isn't a sup position to fill it won't be offered to anyone think before you speak :censored2:

Now I'll be a dick.

You have been at UPS for three years and can't figure out if being a part time SUP on the Preload shift that you work on is worth it. What have you been doing the last three years at UPS have you paid attention to anything that goes on around you, talked to any of your coworkers about the SUP, and even watched what the SUP do. Now who's the Dumb-ass.

ig·no·rant
ˈiɡnərənt/
adjective
  1. lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

Last edited:

Coyboy88

Take that as never go into supervision ever.
thank you. as for the other useless answers stick them up your asses. You guys just troll on the forums from the looks of it just like a supervisor not trying to help anyone out with a honest and straight answer beat around the bush like a lil girl would.