Pt sup

Ericka

I was asked if I wanted to be a pt supervisor. Can I get some real insight please? I'm considering the position but I would like to know about the benefits and if the pay is worth it. I work in 1 of the Atlanta hubs.
Thanks in advance

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I was asked if I wanted to be a pt supervisor. Can I get some real insight please? I'm considering the position but I would like to know about the benefits and if the pay is worth it. I work in 1 of the Atlanta hubs.
Thanks in advance
FelineElectricIguana-size_restricted.gif
......... don't look your self in the mirror???

Last edited:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Thanks in advance
What are your goals at either UPS or after UPS?
You'll get a pay bump initially, but will have to pay for your own healthcare.

Be prepared for a ton of negative comments. You'll get more constructive comments in the partners forum

PT Car Washer

An hourly bump in pay and a lot more hours. You will be expected to meet certain metrics for PPH for your belt or work group and this could mean you work more then the hourly you are suppose to be supervising. If you have a good work group then the best thing you can do is stay out of the way and be a cheerleader.

F

Frankie's Friend

Thanks in advance
Ask all the part time supes if they would go back to the hourly ranks if they had a chance to. You need a real good look at what their job and responsibilities entail, especially with the poor employment issues in the part time position. If they hesitate to respond you can take that as they wished they had not made the move. Fyi: a new supe still has rose colored glasses on. Omit their opinion.

If you havent worked for the company for very long think about why they asked you to go into management.

One of my old friends told me to be careful what you ask for because you may just get it and it may be easier to get in to than it is to get out of.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Become a PT sup...

And If you ever want a raise, you'll have to give someone a "raise"

That's the disgusting reality of the UPS operations culture

We had a friend who was given this ultimatum, she sued and they paid her off

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Thanks in advance
Dont.
Its a setup.
No benefit in it.
Youll hate it snd everything else.

Ever wonder why its so easy to become a sup in ups compared to other jobs?
Why people have either loaded for decades and drive for years n never go management?
Not cuz they cant, but cuz they choose not to.

Yolo

Apply for a FT sup position. Or stay union. Don't accept a PT Sup position unless you want PT sup to be your final title in your ups career.

ChiefO

If you intend to go to school do it. It's an extra ~5k salary, if you want to stick around at UPS it's very competitive.

I didnt come from a hub, I started in a 15 car center and was promoted to a FT over a 35 car center one town over after a little less than 3 years. But I have heard many many horror stories about people who got stuck as a PT sup forever.

Brown echo

If you intend to go to school do it. It's an extra ~5k salary, if you want to stick around at UPS it's very competitive.

I didnt come from a hub, I started in a 15 car center and was promoted to a FT over a 35 car center one town over after a little less than 3 years. But I have heard many many horror stories about people who got stuck as a PT sup forever.
judo-chop-gif-10.gif

Brown echo

Thanks in advance
tumblr_inline_p7jusa8P1T1qat8os_540.gif

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

Does it suck knowing almost every driver makes more than you?
As a Center Manager you have zero authority and are basically a Puppet that does what you are told.
Management is the ENEMY.
Guys like @Dragon make tough choices like where he is going to go to lunch.
You are all puppets of your Upper Management Overlords

Last edited: