PT Supervisor Promotion Questions

Ive been at UPS for 14 months and im a loader on night sort and I average 1,300 or more packages a night nothing less. So I thought long and hard about being a PT Sup and took and passed the test in mid June. My boss and other management have asked me if I'm ready for this :censored2: and today my FT Sup asked me to start coming in 15/20 mins early and saying he's getting me in next I'm first on the list and a Sup just left so there's a spot open.After work I received an email from HR asking for my education history so I was wondering if Im in the process of being promoted and just wondering if this is a part of the process because I'm ready to get the ball rolling ?

Well my education history is on file and the new hire classroom trainer came and took pictures of my loads last week and I heard that's a part of the promotion I'm sure I'll find out more when I have to come in early tonight.... hopefully

Your not getting promoted in any way. Don't think you are
Oh I know If anything I'm getting demoted but I need the money and I load a target load every night I scan at least 1,400 packages a night minimum and almost 14 months of this Ive decided to be a Training Supervisor. My yearly just passed 2 months ago and I only received a 30 cent raise after being told during orientation it was a 77 cent raise which was a lie and I feel I bend over backwards for this company every night so I'm either getting :censored2:ed on my yearly raise or there was a mistake HR told me to talk to FT Management and he said he would check on it and nothing has been done and I feel HR knows it's not right and they are trying to give me the runaround to avoid it could it have something to do with the new contract coming up ?

Faceplanted

Oh I know If anything I'm getting demoted but I need the money and I load a target load every night I scan at least 1,400 packages a night minimum and almost 14 months of this Ive decided to be a Training Supervisor. My yearly just passed 2 months ago and I only received a 30 cent raise after being told during orientation it was a 77 cent raise which was a lie and I feel I bend over backwards for this company every night so I'm either getting :censored2:ed on my yearly raise or there was a mistake HR told me to talk to FT Management and he said he would check on it and nothing has been done and I feel HR knows it's not right and they are trying to give me the runaround to avoid it could it have something to do with the new contract coming up ?
I pity you. You have no clue about anything going on. Read the contract about raises.

flatbread

Occasional Lurker
Your numbers make no sense. Federal minimum wage for gov't contractors is $10.20. PT pay progression is $10.00 start, $10.50 for seniority + 1 year, $11.00 for seniority + 2 years. That means you made $10.20 starting January 1st. At your seniority + one-year mark, you make $10.50, assuming local supplements don't override.

Did you add 50 cents to $10.20 instead of $10.00? The progressions $10.50 and above are in full compliance with the law. They don't all go up by $0.20.

Yes I do I went over the raises and I'm supposed to get a 50 cent raise so I went to HR and she looked it up and notified my FT Sup who acts like he doesn't know what the :censored2: is going on

Faceplanted

Yes I do I went over the raises and I'm supposed to get a 50 cent raise so I went to HR and she looked it up and notified my FT Sup who acts like he doesn't know what the :censored2: is going on
Would you happen to have a union at your ups location? Might want to see if you do.... some places do some places don't. If you do have a union in your location you can talk to them about what is a contract and what you are owed

Your h.r. Manager is probably the best teamster union representative to get everything handled swiftly and correct.

flatbread

Occasional Lurker
Would you happen to have a union at your ups location? Might want to see if you do.... some places do some places don't. If you do have a union in your location you can talk to them about what is a contract and what you are owed

Your h.r. Manager is probably the best teamster union representative to get everything handled swiftly and correct.

(@UpserBama334 )
But please read the relevant contract portions a little harder before asking the steward do all the work for you.

Your numbers make no sense. Federal minimum wage for gov't contractors is $10.20. PT pay progression is $10.00 start, $10.50 for seniority + 1 year, $11.00 for seniority + 2 years. That means you made $10.20 starting January 1st. At your seniority + one-year mark, you make $10.50, assuming local supplements don't override.

Did you add 50 cents to $10.20 instead of $10.00? The progressions $10.50 and above are in full compliance with the law. They don't all go up by $0.20.
Okay thanks for clearing that up your right

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What does loading 1400 packages a night minimum have to do

With any of this

tadpole

As a training sup, you will be working with a lot of new hires. It won't be very long before the newbies you train pass you up. They will become full-time package car drivers and make good money. You will regret going management.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
are you in supervision now,