PT Supervisor Promotion Questions

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Oh I know If anything I'm getting demoted but I need the money and I load a target load every night I scan at least 1,400 packages a night minimum and almost 14 months of this Ive decided to be a Training Supervisor. My yearly just passed 2 months ago and I only received a 30 cent raise after being told during orientation it was a 77 cent raise which was a lie and I feel I bend over backwards for this company every night so I'm either getting :censored2:ed on my yearly raise or there was a mistake HR told me to talk to FT Management and he said he would check on it and nothing has been done and I feel HR knows it's not right and they are trying to give me the runaround to avoid it could it have something to do with the new contract coming up ?
Why do you worry so much about loading numbers? We get paid by the hour and work hard. Management can shove all their numbers.

Indecisi0n

Ive been at UPS for 14 months and im a loader on night sort and I average 1,300 or more packages a night nothing less. So I thought long and hard about being a PT Sup and took and passed the test in mid June. My boss and other management have asked me if I'm ready for this :censored2: and today my FT Sup asked me to start coming in 15/20 mins early and saying he's getting me in next I'm first on the list and a Sup just left so there's a spot open.After work I received an email from HR asking for my education history so I was wondering if Im in the process of being promoted and just wondering if this is a part of the process because I'm ready to get the ball rolling ?
It wasn't a promotion.

*Jersey*

Ugh..this place is not very encouraging for folks who want to go into management so if you're serious, I will say that...yeah you did a good job but it does not in fact matter in terms of pt supervision. Yes they may like that you work hard in general but they do ask most people if they want to supervise relatively quickly.
Now if management is something you're interested in I say go for it. Whether you try to stay here or go elsewhere it is good on a resume. If you need the money i also say go for it. It is not easy and as you can see, the union members will roast you for it and you will be annoyed about it. But who cares it's your life.
Not everyone wants to drive and if you truly don't I can't see how making 10.20 Or 11 bucks an hour 20 hrs a week just to be union is satisfying if you're not also working elsewhere. Wasn't for me.

Last edited:

*Jersey*

And they will lie or b.s. you about most things. So don't expect your promotion to go smoothly. You may wait and get told.."next week "..."next month"..a few times. If you're really into it hang in there. If not find employment elsewhere

ColeG8

And this is the career path you want to follow?

I just turned 18 and I'm working at UPS until my ship date (navy) my area is short on pt sups. I won't be here long enough to get any vacation or healthcare. I am not making UPS a career. Everyone on this forum seems to think being a sup is :censored2:. I won't be here longer than a year, is it not worth it to take the pt sup job if I'll only be here for less than a year?

EDIT: Also at the location I'm at a pt sup does around 40hours a week. I've seen people talk about a 27.5 hour week, but that's not at all what happens here.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I just turned 18 and I'm working at UPS until my ship date (navy) my area is short on pt sups. I won't be here long enough to get any vacation or healthcare. I am not making UPS a career. Everyone on this forum seems to think being a sup is :censored2:. I won't be here longer than a year, is it not worth it to take the pt sup job if I'll only be here for less than a year?

EDIT: Also at the location I'm at a pt sup does around 40hours a week. I've seen people talk about a 27.5 hour week, but that's not at all what happens here.
I say do whatever betters yourself and your future, hope all goes well! PT sup is not a desirable place to be, but hey at age 18, it's an okay gig.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
That makes no sense. Have you ever been to a ups operation?
giphy.gif