PT to FT 22.4 Questions

As a new PT to FT transfer, still in progression, are we still guaranteed 8 hours? Are we guaranteed getting to work at all? I’m lucky to be allowed to drive 3 days a week. Just told I’m not needed for the day and sent home. Are there any protections at all? Casuals are being used over PT2FT transfers. PT2FT employees with less company seniority than me are also getting more driving opportunities? What happens if I’m not even given the opportunity to work 30 days?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
As a new PT to FT transfer, still in progression, are we still guaranteed 8 hours? Are we guaranteed getting to work at all? I’m lucky to be allowed to drive 3 days a week. Just told I’m not needed for the day and sent home. Are there any protections at all? Casuals are being used over PT2FT transfers. PT2FT employees with less company seniority than me are also getting more driving opportunities? What happens if I’m not even given the opportunity to work 30 days?
If you are truly “ full-time” you’re entitled to 40 hrs per week.
🧔✊

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
So you are currently in the union and signed a 22.4 bid ?

...or you started last week
🧔✊

I worked in preload for a year and a half so I’m Union in that respect. But according to SUP I’m no different than a casual and they don’t have to gaurantee me hours until i make book. I’ve been a 22.4 for 3 weeks now and have yet to work an entire week.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I worked in preload for a year and a half so I’m Union in that respect. But according to SUP I’m no different than a casual and they don’t have to gaurantee me hours until i make book. I’ve been a 22.4 for 3 weeks now and have yet to work an entire week.
I know here they can jump anyone around till they are qualified ( supposedly) , but you signing a full-time bid should over-ride that in my opinion and be entitled to the hours over the part -time employees ...I could be wrong
🧔✊

So you are currently in the union and signed a 22.4 bid ?

...or you started last week
🧔✊

I know here they can jump anyone around till they are qualified ( supposedly) , but you signing a full-time bid should over-ride that in my opinion and be entitled to the hours over the part -time employees ...I could be wrong
🧔✊
What is 30 in 60 rule and how am i supposed to get in 30 days if I’m not even getting the opportunity to work a full week. And what if i don’t get 30 days at all before the 60 days?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
This whole being “ full-time” before you even make book is new to me. @542thruNthru will better help you he is in the younger Millennial generation.
🧔✊

542thruNthru

What supplemental are you under?

Up In Smoke

You should be showing up for your part time shift(s) if your not put to work as a driver. Your seniority guarantees you a daily punch and a guarantee of hours that goes with that punch. Every employee must be placed on a schedule each week and you should show up as scheduled. If the company calls you off, you must ask where you are to get your guarantee. Where's your steward through all this??

542thruNthru

You should be showing up for your part time shift(s) if your not put to work as a driver. Your seniority guarantees you a daily punch and a guarantee of hours that goes with that punch. Every employee must be placed on a schedule each week and you should show up as scheduled. If the company calls you off, you must ask where you are to get your guarantee. Where's your steward through all this??
I agree with though if he is trying to qualify and is doing a shift that does not give him 10 hours off to be able to drive the next day I would just bite the bullet.

I agree with though if he is trying to qualify and is doing a shift that does not give him 10 hours off to be able to drive the next day I would just bite the bullet.
Then they should offer him alternative work like they do with the other drivers here.
if you don't drive and have you come in the evening and unload trucks for a couple hours