Pt'er maximum hours.

HardknocksUPSer

How many hours can I work in a week time period and how many hours daily? I worked 14hrs yesterday and got chewed out, 12 the day before and nothing was said?

upschuck

PTers have no restrictions on hours of work.

You can work as long as they tell you to work. If they didn't want you to work that long, they should have told you to go home, it is not up to you to limit your hours, but managements. It is easy for the hourly to lose track of time when they having this much fun, you know; especially since they don't want you looking at your phone, if they even allow you to bring it in the building.

HardknocksUPSer

Lol yeah I understand what ya mean, they told me I was supposed to work 9 more hours after I got off preload and we knocked out the route in 7hrs so they have no reason to complain!

UPS4Life

At Harrisburg PA twilight started at 10am yesterday.... Mandatory no breaks. I guess our building is that far behind. Sunday the hub ran almost 12 hours Alone on day shift (only day runs Sunday) but all employees were forced in.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

So you drove? They want only 12 hours/day so you can work all 5 days. DOT rules are 60hrs/week on all work.

browner89

At Harrisburg PA twilight started at 10am yesterday.... Mandatory no breaks. I guess our building is that far behind. Sunday the hub ran almost 12 hours Alone on day shift (only day runs Sunday) but all employees were forced in.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Pennsylvania DOL says that a break is only required for working non-adults, ages 14-17. Ages 18 and older are not required to be given a break.

I love it when the sorter goes to the can and the unloader just stands around wondering if he will come back. Then the unloader has to go after he does come back.

HardknocksUPSer

[q uote="upschuck, post: 1465126, member: 49865"]So you drove? They want only 12 hours/day so you can work all 5 days. DOT rules are 60hrs/week on all work.[/quote]
Negative ghost rider, I'd rather drive this time a year than help, I'd be making 30$ a hr to tell me helper to put on his running shoes and drive him around all day lol, yes I work preload and then go do driver helper, 12hrs is what I figured it was, thanks guys for all the Anwser!

HardknocksUPSer

Where is that written in the contract? UPS may want to limit your hours for safety reasons, but when the work needs to be done your management team will ignore it.
Management does anything illegal as long as it's for their benefit, but in my opinion, if they got the right money I got the time.