Pt'er maximum hours.

BrownChoice

I have a question for drivers. As a driver, is the total time we spend driving, calculated? We work 12 hours, but actual drive time is less considering stopping and running packages off. So does ups keep track of this somehow? Or is it 12 hours no matter what?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I have a question for drivers. As a driver, is the total time we spend driving, calculated? We work 12 hours, but actual drive time is less considering stopping and running packages off. So does ups keep track of this somehow? Or is it 12 hours no matter what?
You cannot drive for more than 11 hours without taking 10 hours off. This mostly affects feeder drivers.

Even if a package driver works 14 hours, between delivering all the stops and pickups, should not go over 11 hours driving time.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Where is that written in the contract? UPS may want to limit your hours for safety reasons, but when the work needs to be done your management team will ignore it.
We've had the center manager go off because guys have worked over 12. It's a huge no no in my building. We even had it mentioned during the pcm prior to peak kick off

PT Car Washer

I agree UPS policy is a max of 12 hours. But you can also file for sups working because they want to kick you out at 12 hours or working lower seniority people before you.