Public perception

DOK

most of my customers are with us as most see us out after dark still working. they know we make good money but most also see our free time is limited and they feel bad. For those that don't understand i make it known most days im eating dinner as they are going to bed. Thats the real eye opener.
Freight peddlers work late as well.

Arizax2

This company has survived 2 world wars, the depression, over 100 years of history, and most recently the COVID pandemic. All the while, at least the last 3 1/2 decades that I can attest to paying industry leading wages and benefits. However many ways there may be to conduct business ups has adapted very well. Will be here in 10-15 years. Who's fear mongering now?
Carol is going all in on getting UPS into the Healthcare sector. She's looking at other avenues to generate more revenue for the company.

Upass.

The economic proposal isn’t only about wages , it a lot of stuff including pension and 22.4 and part timers etc …. And yes 41 $ isn’t enough when you see how much this company is making and how much executives are getting paid

Brownwind

Just curious, what will the public perception be on a scenario where you have a company that pays the employees $41 an hour full benefits for everyone in the household with no additional cost to the employee and a retirement plan now my main question is, when the public sees this it’s not going to look good not to mention all they have to do is say we offered them air conditioning 2 1/2 dollars in pay raises throughout the life of the contract. I just don’t believe this is going to be like in 1997 especially when you can compare what we do with what Amazon does and they don’t make any where near what we make I guess my main question to everybody here is seriously how much an hour more would change your life or with the possibility of a lot of people losing their job change their life it just doesn’t make much sense to me very confused not to mention it’s gonna be hard to stand out there with a picket sign. Especially when you can see the cable workers digging holes all day and they don’t get paid anywhere near but we get paid no different than the air conditioning people or roofers. I don’t know maybe it’s just me but I’m starting to think maybe we are pricing ourselves out of the industry and eventually, if we don’t stop, we will be the Sears & Roebuck of shipping
Who cares. Relax already.

Cowboy Mac

Just curious, what will the public perception be on a scenario where you have a company that pays the employees $41 an hour full benefits for everyone in the household with no additional cost to the employee and a retirement plan now my main question is, when the public sees this it’s not going to look good not to mention all they have to do is say we offered them air conditioning 2 1/2 dollars in pay raises throughout the life of the contract. I just don’t believe this is going to be like in 1997 especially when you can compare what we do with what Amazon does and they don’t make any where near what we make I guess my main question to everybody here is seriously how much an hour more would change your life or with the possibility of a lot of people losing their job change their life it just doesn’t make much sense to me very confused not to mention it’s gonna be hard to stand out there with a picket sign. Especially when you can see the cable workers digging holes all day and they don’t get paid anywhere near but we get paid no different than the air conditioning people or roofers. I don’t know maybe it’s just me but I’m starting to think maybe we are pricing ourselves out of the industry and eventually, if we don’t stop, we will be the Sears & Roebuck of shipping

Yeah. Damn if you do and damn if you don't. Even Walmart is scared of Amazon. Race to the bottom for the middle class and lower. Race to the top for the wealthy. No one knows how to fix this problem. Does the Union have a solution? Nope. If the Union has a solution, it would be starting employee-owned companies and make your own products/services. Do you think Union management knows how to operate hotdog stands?
Oops I must have stumbled into the management forum.

The public understands what we go through and they understand that inflation is hurting everyone. A lot of low income people I have talked to are hoping we go on strike because they understand it’s wrong for corporations to make billions and not reward their workers.

We need to explain to people when we get a chance, that yes they are giving us AC, but look at how they treat us. Look at how long we are forced to work. And then they want to give a $10 pay cut to younger drivers!

PT Car Washer

The economic proposal isn’t only about wages , it a lot of stuff including pension and 22.4 and part timers etc …. And yes 41 $ isn’t enough when you see how much this company is making and how much executives are getting paid
$41/hr isn't enough when 2/3 of UPS Teamsters never come close to those wages?

I'm not kidding. I went to UPS Store to send out a package for Xmas. I thought I was getting it in the behind. I hated it and I didn't really want to mail out anything (and that is only once a year)! It is too expensive, and I do more buying on Amazon than shipping anything for myself.
You keep saying "mail" a package when talking about using UPS. No one that works here says that. I'm thinking you don't even work here.

Karma...

if you want to make more money buy stock....its true that I am retired.....its also true that I have no mortgage, no college bills and we live off our dividends and invest social security and pension........it took planning and patience.....thank you teamsters and ups.....its a great life......

wage EARNER

Nearly all drivers who make that $42/hr had to spend time working in the building first. We had a new hire quit today before break on their first day out of training. Our pay and benefits seem high to some, but few people can handle the working conditions.

DOK

if you want to make more money buy stock....its true that I am retired.....its also true that I have no mortgage, no college bills and we live off our dividends and invest social security and pension........it took planning and patience.....thank you teamsters and ups.....its a great life......
I’m looking to do the same at some point but it appears your dividend income might be going way down in the near future.

Over70irregs

I tell every Amazon driver they are on the wrong team.

JustDeliverIt

If there’s no value to the stock after an inevitable extended strike I don’t see how they don’t lower it.

A long strike (month or more), sure. Don’t see it ever getting to that though. Share price and dividend are the only two things this company cares about and a lot of people at the top would be out if those two things go down.

Brown Down

Freight peddlers work late as well.
Not sure where you see that but no Freight trucks in town when i leave and only ones on the interstate aren't LTL carriers. Of course if you are talking bigger cities that have alot of industry running all hours then yes they will be out "late" but they also start "late"

Fnix

Never met anyone who doesnt think we deserve what we make. Most people over 40 years old know how much we make and have no qualms with it because they know not everyone can do the job. If we make $42 an hour with just a GED why don't more people sign up and become a top rate driver if it is that easy?

Most law enforcement and county workers in NY and CA make almost if not just as much as a top rate UPS driver and a large majority of people don't care because they don't want to do the job.

People are lazy. We as driver see it everyday. Call tags left out at the front door not taped up, customers sitting at the front door just staring at you walking towards them with a box dumbfounded instead of meeting you halfway.