Public perception

DOK

Not sure where you see that but no Freight trucks in town when i leave and only ones on the interstate aren't LTL carriers. Of course if you are talking bigger cities that have alot of industry running all hours then yes they will be out "late" but they also start "late"
Where I am they work late due to their delivery terminals having to cover such a large area

Ghost in the Darkness

The way I see it is this is about the people who make the company go. After expenses and profit we should get a larger piece of the pie. During covid we were essential employees, we got nothing extra except some 6 day workweeks. The company didn't even give us masks early on. We knew little about covid and how it could spread and if we were at risk. Lately we have been dealing with wildfire smoke and we have seen some of our heaviest days this year when the air quality is poor. What does UPS do in their king of safety wisdom, they cut routes and send us all out heavy. It's stuff like that the drives home the point that corporate UPS thinks little of us despite the fact that we do all the legwork. As I've always said if you aren't moving packages, what are you actually doing at UPS? Many all along the corporate ladder do nothing. Too many leeches. If they want to make their billions then allocate more money where it matters. Strike is bad all the way around and they stand to lose much more and for a long time because they pissed off their cash cow work force.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Americans Backed UPS Workers In Strike

Interesting article discussing public perception of the 97 strike, one thing that may change this time around is that in 97 only 28% of people said the strike had an effect on them, that number will be higher this time around and will cause a percentage of the public to be against the workers to be higher

anonymous23456

Carol is going all in on getting UPS into the Healthcare sector. She's looking at other avenues to generate more revenue for the company.
Can drivers claim a share of profit if it is warehouses and cold storages related? If it is shipped and handled by drivers, they can claim credit for that.

anonymous23456

You keep saying "mail" a package when talking about using UPS. No one that works here says that. I'm thinking you don't even work here.
mail or ship...people understand it. UPS wasn't something regular people use 20+ years ago. The regular joe only uses UPS when it is cheaper to ship recently like early 90s? Otherwise, everyone goes to the Post Office!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
From my personal experiences while working at UPS and my own deliveries by Amazon , Amazon drivers are very bad drivers.
They take pictures to show that they left a parcel at my front door, but in reality it was someone else's door on a neighboring street. I'm a nice guy who corrects their mistakes when I find one, but others don't.
Amazon's reply is to give it a few extra days in case it shows up before making a complaint.
That is not a proper way to handle the situation.

mail or ship...people understand it. UPS wasn't something regular people use 20+ years ago. The regular joe only uses UPS when it is cheaper to ship recently like early 90s? Otherwise, everyone goes to the Post Office!
56EAC708-FC0B-4E36-B5EE-81F199C52786.gif

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
From my personal experiences while working at UPS and my own deliveries by Amazon , Amazon drivers are very bad drivers.
They take pictures to show that they left a parcel at my front door, but in reality it was someone else's door on a neighboring street. I'm a nice guy who corrects their mistakes when I find one, but others don't.
Amazon's reply is to give it a few extra days in case it shows up before making a complaint.
That is not a proper way to handle the situation.
There was a guy who would always finish like at 2pm at Amazon delivering. Always. Dude would scan all the packages and just throw them I guess or drop at the mailroom. He was telling me he wanted a CDL A. God forbid he got one because if he had that same work ethic with semis he’s going to cause a tragic accident. With the way Amazon is run it just breeds an unsafe work ethic due to their production standards and micromanagement. I’m guilty of it too.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Americans Backed UPS Workers In Strike

Interesting article discussing public perception of the 97 strike, one thing that may change this time around is that in 97 only 28% of people said the strike had an effect on them, that number will be higher this time around and will cause a percentage of the public to be against the workers to be higher
IMG_2100.jpeg

IMG_2102.jpeg

That and more people who witnessed or were directly affected by the rise of unions were still alive then. It was a different era back then. We live in an entitled era now where we need everything now. Too many company simps.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
We need to explain to people when we get a chance, that yes they are giving us AC, but look at how they treat us. Look at how long we are forced to work. And then they want to give a $10 pay cut to younger drivers!
People need to learn about the entire ritual it is to even get paid correctly and all the time they shave from your work. Yeah we may get paid good on paper, but the reality is it’s a constant fight to even get paid fairly. I tell my family about it and they don’t believe it. I just keep it to myself now and only vent here or when out with buddies from work.

rod

Retired 22 years
Jonh Q. Public don't give a crap about what you make. All they want is to have any old homeless looking person deliver their crap in reasonable condition and on time. They don't care if its UPS, FedEX or USPS or anyone of the other dozens of delivery companies.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
There was a guy who would always finish like at 2pm at Amazon delivering. Always. Dude would scan all the packages and just throw them I guess or drop at the mailroom. He was telling me he wanted a CDL A. God forbid he got one because if he had that same work ethic with semis he’s going to cause a tragic accident. With the way Amazon is run it just breeds an unsafe work ethic due to their production standards and micromanagement. I’m guilty of it too.
Bet he's stupid enough to do a leasing program

Brown Down

as for the 100 hour meme i always ask how much time off in a row do they get. that usually shuts them up pretty quick when they realize we are every week day in day out minus actual vacations(and if your new thats still only a week)

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Jonh Q. Public don't give a crap about what you make. All they want is to have any old homeless looking person deliver their crap in reasonable condition and on time. They don't care if its UPS, FedEX or USPS or anyone of the other dozens of delivery companies.
They will care when their deliveries stop showing up at all.
FedEx can't keep up with their own volume, USPS workers are already maxed on hours and I deliver more Amazon in my area than their contractors do. If we strike people will care, and the fastest way back to normal is for them to support us.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS is starting to make money from other businesses that are not shipping business.
They have done that for many years. They are invested in many things. I used to have a print out of what things (probably back in the (80's or 90's) but no I longer do. sorry.