puerto rican lives matter

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
im positive they are more screwed over by the US govt than they gain.

60% of ppl want free college anyways.
They already have their school paid for you nitwit. That's the point.

Nothing is free. Who the :censored2: do you think pays for "free" college?

Right now my wife looks to be the only one of her coworkers under 45 that's going to pay her student loans off. Why?

Apparently the government is offering ...pay on your loan for 10 years and they'll forgive the rest. So all of her coworkers took out 30 year repayment plans to pay as little as possible and plan to have the rest forgiven.

These people knew exactly what they were taking out in loans. They knew what the profession paid. Why shouldn't they pay it back?

We would love to have 2 grand more a month in our pockets to spend on whatever we want and let the government "forgive" the rest but that's not something I can do. Why? Because we took on debt we agreed to pay back and we will do just that.

Brownslave688

most people dont have that kind of money. it would be payed for by the rich anyways. and tuition is a tax anyways.

plus your getting bulk discount when the govt makes college free.
You must be dumber than a box of rocks if you think there will be a bulk discount.

The bigger colleges already cost more than their smaller brethren. No bulk discount there. You can also pretty much directly draw a line from the government handing out free money for college to the cost of college skyrocketing.

rickyb

Right now my wife looks to be the only one of her coworkers under 45 that's going to pay her student loans off. Why?

Apparently the government is offering ...pay on your loan for 10 years and they'll forgive the rest. So all of her coworkers took out 30 year repayment plans to pay as little as possible and plan to have the rest forgiven.

These people knew exactly what they were taking out in loans. They knew what the profession paid. Why shouldn't they pay it back?

We would love to have 2 grand more a month in our pockets to spend on whatever we want and let the government "forgive" the rest but that's not something I can do. Why? Because we took on debt we agreed to pay back and we will do just that.
excuse me im sending you to guantanamo bay with a paper bag over your head to be tortured by vacuum hose immediately.

you understand what i am saying when i say "free" college.

you shouldnt repay the loans because it was unjust policy to begin with. you dont have to repay debts. jesus fought for debt forgiveness, thats what "sin" is roughly translated to. the germans got debt forgiveness after wwII. debt write offs is moral.

It will be fine

So you have the option for loan forgiveness and aren’t taking it because, pride? That’s pretty fiscally irresponsible if you ask me.

rickyb

You must be dumber than a box of rocks if you think there will be a bulk discount.

The bigger colleges already cost more than their smaller brethren. No bulk discount there. You can also pretty much directly draw a line from the government handing out free money for college to the cost of college skyrocketing.
people borrowing money has driven up the tuition thats true.

but i am quite sure you would save more money on free college than you would leaving it as is. govt buys buys medicine in bulk to save for service members. this is basic economics. doctors here buy ski passes in bulk to get a discount.

Brownslave688

Well that's just insane. You cant eat pride.
We still make plenty of money. I don't ask for anything for free.

We both hate the payment. That's why when she refinanced we did a 7 year repayment and if things go right we might have it paid off by then end of 2019. About 3 years ahead of schedule.

Brownslave688

people borrowing money has driven up the tuition thats true.

but i am quite sure you would save more money on free college than you would leaving it as is. govt buys buys medicine in bulk to save for service members. this is basic economics. doctors here buy ski passes in bulk to get a discount.
The probably is the inflated admin numbers at college. Look it up. In the late 70's you had something 20 professors to each admin. Now that ration is like 4 to 1.

Was looking at a local colleges salaries the other night. The business college has like 3 Deans. The Dean the assistant Dean an associate Dean. They all make over 180k year and are within like 5k of each other. WHY!!!!

rickyb

We both hate the payment. That's why when she refinanced we did a 7 year repayment and if things go right we might have it paid off by then end of 2019. About 3 years ahead of schedule.
you might not ask for anything free, but you get free stuff all the time.

how do you know your paying too much or too little taxes?

rickyb

The probably is the inflated admin numbers at college. Look it up. In the late 70's you had something 20 professors to each admin. Now that ration is like 4 to 1.

Was looking at a local colleges salaries the other night. The business college has like 3 Deans. The Dean the assistant Dean an associate Dean. They all make over 180k year and are within like 5k of each other. WHY!!!!
you could be right i forget. maybe they are run like businesses now trying to attract students.

i do know the government has defunded them and shifted the costs onto individuals via tuition.

oldngray

nowhere special

a lot of it is credential creep. Which pushes their wages higher.

MAKAVELI

Now you're starting to get it. Why? Capitalism, that's why.:happy2:

Turdferguson

Just a turd

If you borrow money and promise to pay it back

... maybe you should pay it back?

Nobody forced to to borrow money.
That's just crazy talk from both of you

Brownslave688

So you have the option for loan forgiveness and aren’t taking it because, pride? That’s pretty fiscally irresponsible if you ask me.
Knew there would be one idiot.

What if they end the program in 9 years because there's no money? Then I've done nothing but pay interest basically the whole time and will pay way more overall.

What if taxes go way up to pay for this program? We are on the cusp of the highest bracket. So we just willingly shot ourselves in the foot.

Last edited:

rickyb

Spoken like a true gutter rat.

People should always be forced to pay back school loans. A degree isn't like a home where you a physical asset to recoup some of the loss.
your going straight to guantanamo bay and will be force fed vegetarian simulated meats

sometimes people are lent more money than they can afford to repay.

some degrees are overpriced considering theres no jobs to repay them with.