Puff piece to get some scabs for the strike

Mutineer

The Young generation for the most part the gets a part-time job here are just looking for money

They are completely different from when I started because I knew if I could get my foot in the door I could work my way up.
They don't want that, they don't want to drive, they don't want to work 10 hours a day five or six days

Regarding modern workplaces in general: for many reasonably ambitious people, the notion of getting a foot in the door for the chance of working their way up has resulted in carrots on sticks leading to the edge of a short pier.

Knowing what you know about UPS in general, and your particular UPS terminal in the present tense, do you think if you started out today at UPS as a 21yo unloading trailers that you could reasonably expect to duplicate what you have accomplished?

Regarding modern workplaces in general: for many reasonably ambitious people, the notion of getting a foot in the door for the chance of working their way up has resulted in carrots on sticks leading to the edge of a short pier.

Knowing what you know about UPS in general, and your particular UPS terminal in the present tense, do you think if you started out today at UPS as a 21yo unloading trailers that you could reasonably expect to duplicate what you have accomplished?
If I knew what I knew now I would probably do pretty good but on the other hand I would not work here.

This is not the same company I started with is a very young adult

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
If I knew what I knew now I would probably do pretty good but on the other hand I would not work here.

This is not the same company I started with is a very young adult
They’ve replaced us with GPS and diads my friend.

It’s not like 15 years ago where you had to study maps and actually know the area..
Our job has been devalued
🧔‍♂️✊

takesteady

It's really a mindset thing. If you want it to be, working inside can be the most cake job imaginable and I tell most of the new hires that as well. I know it can take some time to get used to the physical nature of the job, but after that it's the least stressful job ever and the benefits are unrivaled.

I paid essentially nothing for the birth of my child and countless other medical expenses over the years. All for a few hours of work every night. Granted, I work a full time job during the day and I wouldn't advise anybody try to make a living off just part time work, but it kind of goes without saying.

Just WAD for a few hours and go home. If you can get to a point where the supes barely know you exist anymore you have made it. I think if the upsides of the job are impressed upon rookies more we have a better chance of keeping people.

Thebrownblob

"Puff piece to get some scabs for the strike". Is a statement. Or you going to debate this also? OMG. Your sense of self-importance is breathtaking.

And really who cares what you think? Blah blah so says who?

Truth is-lot's of folks could only dream of our wages. Fact.

Not to mention benefits.

The job has never really changed. 30 years ago I worked 8 to 8.......now I work 2 to 2.....shrug.

Amazon and Fed-Ex, the post office look admiringly at our wages. Our Amazon guy can be seen running from the wrong way parked van to the door......down long rural driveways........think he would take $41 an hour? To run all day? Better believe it.
Think he would take having his kid delivered for free or his wife's chemo all gratis? Get a clue. Just not worth it......wow.

The only real changes are the threats to our jobs negotiated in by the Union.

$41 isn't terrible money........really?

My wife works at a middle school as a secretary........it's shameful what she makes for what she has to put up with. You need to get some real perspective. And a clue.

I can't speak for the pothead tat generation and their work ethic. Better wages for them just means more pot.
Quad I suggest you look in the mirror and realize who you are. A hateful spiteful bitter old man. Who has zero common sense and is lucky he found a job that would allow him to be a employee with zero skills and zero ability to talk to people. You have a nice life although it would appear you’ve already blew that. What a shame to be so foolish with Ones time.

Lol you’re so clueless about the state of employment because you sit in the truck all day talking to yourself. Guess what buddy those Amazon drivers have no desire to do our job they don’t even have a desire to do the Amazon job for very long. Keep talking to yourself and replying it’s hilarious listening to you spout nonsense the most clueless person on here

Sounds like your wife has some issues with her career and her ability to pick decent human beings to live with. Although I would say she knew what the job paid when she started so quit your complaining. We don’t wanna hear your blah blah blah.

Once again you trash the union that gave you the job that you could not have on your own because you’re incapable. The point can’t be be labored anymore it’s almost humorous you would be nothing more than a broke fat truck driver. Keep bitching. It will be fun watching you waste your life you’ll probably never leave here because it’s clear no one wants you at home.

And lastly no you can’t speak for the pothead generation because they wouldn’t listen to you because not even your generation listens to you. Most people don’t listen to self-important selfish fatheads. Do you know anyone like that I do. Enjoy your Corvette and your plane because I’m pretty sure everyone in your life is happy when you’re not with them . That’s the true measure of a man and you just don’t measure up buddy.

takesteady

Quad I suggest you look in the mirror and realize who you are. A hateful spiteful bitter old man. Who has zero common sense and is lucky he found a job that would allow him to be a employee with zero skills and zero ability to talk to people. You have a nice life although it would appear you’ve already blew that. What a shame to be so foolish with Ones time.

Lol you’re so clueless about the state of employment because you sit in the truck all day talking to yourself. Guess what buddy those Amazon drivers have no desire to do our job they don’t even have a desire to do the Amazon job for very long. Keep talking to yourself and replying it’s hilarious listening to you spout nonsense the most clueless person on here

Sounds like your wife has some issues with her career and her ability to pick decent human beings to live with. Although I would say she knew what the job paid when she started so quit your complaining. We don’t wanna hear your blah blah blah.

Once again you trash the union that gave you the job that you could not have on your own because you’re incapable. The point can’t be be labored anymore it’s almost humorous you would be nothing more than a broke fat truck driver. Keep bitching. It will be fun watching you waste your life you’ll probably never leave here because it’s clear no one wants you at home.

And lastly no you can’t speak for the pothead generation because they wouldn’t listen to you because not even your generation listens to you. Most people don’t listen to self-important selfish fatheads. Do you know anyone like that I do. Enjoy your Corvette and your plane because I’m pretty sure everyone in your life is happy when you’re not with them . That’s the true measure of a man and you just don’t measure up buddy.
This applies to multiple users on here. The 'friend you got mine' mentality runs strong on BrownCfe and it's PATHETIC. A union is only powerful as its members, and as much as most you may not like it, that includes part timers. I couldnt in good conscience recommend this place as it stands to rookies given its open hostility to part timers for reasons that are for the most part out of their control. Do better BC.

Thebrownblob

This applies to multiple users on here. The 'friend you got mine' mentality runs strong on BrownCfe and it's PATHETIC. A union is only powerful as its members, and as much as most you may not like it, that includes part timers. I couldnt in good conscience recommend this place as it stands to rookies given its open hostility to part timers for reasons that are for the most part out of their control. Do better BC.
I understand that but I definitely don’t give part timers hostility. I was one at one time so I can appreciate.

takesteady

I understand that but I definitely don’t give part timers hostility. I was one at one time so I can appreciate.
I understand that and i'm not talking about you specifically , but there is definitely a theme here of 'screw those pot smoking part timers'. Like a week ago there was a guy randomly trying to redefine the term 'career' to include only RPCD only to much fan fare. I've been working here over a decade P/T as have many other's in my hub, how is that not a 'career'? That's not solidarity and exactly what the company wants going into 2023. No way am I recommending this place to rookies.

qdg2

I guess I won't know what to do without your God like insight and wisdom....in our imminent, miserable retirement. My God, how have we ever done without you? In fact mankind?

Enjoy my plane and corvette........just makes me smile.......oh the jealous envy(a mental defect by the way).

Just looking at buying tires for the plane.......could you help me out putting them on? Would you go for 6,8 or 10 ply? Pretty please....as I have no clue. You are an aircraft mechanic also.....right? What brand of tires do you have on your plane? Matter of fact......I'm not sure how I ever acquired my plane or vette......being that I've just stumbled through life....wasting away and all.

Now, pvd's, 22.4's and contractors are a DIRECT product....direct......consequence of negotiations by the Union...Champ. By the way(newsflash) I ain't the only one bitching.......your coven of BC clowns bitch all day on here.

Now, chicken poop keyboard warrior......leave my wife out of it. The front lines in the public schools are salt of the earth bedrock.

Now, tell us how picking on defenseless women is a true measure of a man.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

I understand that and i'm not talking about you specifically , but there is definitely a theme here of 'screw those pot smoking part timers'. Like a week ago there was a guy randomly trying to redefine the term 'career' to include only RPCD only to much fan fare. I've been working here over a decade P/T as have many other's in my hub, how is that not a 'career'? That's not solidarity and exactly what the company wants going into 2023. No way am I recommending this place to rookies.
What many people don’t understand is most of the supposed pot smokers, watched people like quad waste 40 years chasing Corvettes and airplanes while his family never saw him. And now they see a bitter sad old man and they don’t want any part of that, who can blame them? People like him are the ones hampering the younger generation from moving forward they’re afraid they’ll become like that.