pulled into office for over allowance

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
They won't say a word about a half hour or so-----anything an hour or more over and you will get their attention.
I quite enjoy getting their attention. I relish being able to show management the Crap loads and Crap Dispatches .It's easier for management to threaten drivers than it is to actually SOLVE any problems.

LagunaBrown

How would you explain the driver who can run a 16.3 with his on-car but can only run a 13.3 by himself?

Like I said if you driver everyday like a supervisor is on car then your fine.

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

HBGPreloader

When it comes to their definition of "poor" performance, just about everything the company does can be considered harassment.
You have no control over your start time, the number of packages you receive, your route, traffic, etc.
So, as many have stated, do the best you can while working safely as trained.

10 point

The actually post the OR every day. They also posted a list of all driver follow-ups by driver name for the YTD.
File on that. It's demeaning to an employee to show how many follow ups they've had to other employees. Stolen pkgs and dishonest customers are out of our control.
I know, you'll take the company's side on this Dave.

10 point

How would you explain the driver who can run a 16.3 with his on-car but can only run a 13.3 by himself?
How would you explain a driver that always talks trash against other drivers on this forum? It's none of your business what someone else runs like....unless you want to wear a tie too.

10 point

Stay calm and don't let them get to you. All you have to say I am giving you my best and my best is a fair day according to the contract. You don't have to say anything else. I am sure they will pick your day apart and say this stop took this long and that one this long but it doesn't matter because every day is different. Again, stay calm and don't let it affect you. These are their numbers not your numbers or anything close to being fair. If it continues file a grievance for harassment and misc on a fair day. If things are really getting heated call HR too. Make sure you are documenting everything properly. Tell the HR department that you are being harassed and that is against UPS policy. Tell them you want copies of the documentation so you too have a record on file. They'll understand what you are saying and it will back them off.
FYI: If you've filled a grievance the HR hotline will not take your report.

Report first. Wait a couple of days and then file your grievance.

Just remember, the info you give the HR department can be held against you in a hearing so report if you want to...but choose your words like it's going to be used against you at a hearing.

There is no such thing as confidential if the company owns the hearing room.

JackStraw

File on that. It's demeaning to an employee to show how many follow ups they've had to other employees. Stolen pkgs and dishonest customers are out of our control.
I know, you'll take the company's side on this Dave.
Have the union start posting about management in their little display they have. That should end that.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Another thing they are getting away with is add /cuts. I bid on a certain area. How is it ok with the union? They take off my section of work (never the same) . Then give me half of another area. I'm fine having to do my route that I bid on. No matter how many stops. It's when I have to work late doing another area's work. Then they are home early with my work. Can a grievance be filed?

10 point

Have the union start posting about management in their little display they have. That should end that.
Good one.
Let's see.... pickups off a cut route not dispatched; pocket dispatch; bulk stops keyed to section 5000 (or 1000); lost call tags ("just pick up the pkg, we'll drop off the receipt tomorrow"); LIBs; etc?

Mack Grant

center manager is pulling drivers into office for running an hour + over allowed, some days its the same driver. center manager will pull the top over allowed person into office to talk with them, when is it harassment ? when do you file, how can you bring up stops per hour when your on a deferent route each day/week. is this just a scare tactic, do they just want to frustrate you then go out and catch you slipping? can you play the age card? :not_fair:
The union does not recognize production discipline: spoh, pph etc...Work safely and follow the proper delivery methods.
You need to feel sorry for your center manager when he does this because he is feeling serious heat from above. Take pity on the man when he brings you into the office for being an hour over.
It'll blow over, and you'll be in the clear, when next week you have fewer backs than some or fewer send agains than others.
Don't worry a new hot topic will emerge (3pts contact based on OBVS) and you won't be on that list, so relax.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Another thing they are getting away with is add /cuts. I bid on a certain area. How is it ok with the union? They take off my section of work (never the same) . Then give me half of another area. I'm fine having to do my route that I bid on. No matter how many stops. It's when I have to work late doing another area's work. Then they are home early with my work. Can a grievance be filed?
If they start cutting more than half of your area off of you, file.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have recently had another town, on my already blown out route. Its Ok, its light now. whip me, beat me, pay me OT. A town I have never been in, a map that you need a magnifying glass. I just ride around til I find the right street.

brownrod

Total scare tactics. My center manager asked me yesterday if he could tear up my 9.5 grievances... Ha! Fat chance buddy, like I told my business agent, I don't shake hands with the devil! When they approach me about my sporh I encourage them to come!e ride with me so they can see why it takes as long as it does!

Sent using BrownCafe App

This. Just tell them to feel free to come and show you how to do it. Works every time. They go away.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I did about 12 today, no density, no common sense, all heavy crap. Monday I will get my target out for the shoot.