pulled into office for over allowance

browniehound

center manager is pulling drivers into office for running an hour + over allowed, some days its the same driver. center manager will pull the top over allowed person into office to talk with them, when is it harassment ? when do you file, how can you bring up stops per hour when your on a deferent route each day/week. is this just a scare tactic, do they just want to frustrate you then go out and catch you slipping? can you play the age card? :not_fair:
Easy solution: run your lunch and you won't be an hour paid over anymore. HA ha

browniehound

with all of the technology i.e. telematics it should be very easy for the company to find out what the problem is. (IMO 3 day rides are nothing but a Scare Tactic as the information needed can be gleaned from a Virtual Observation)
Some drivers do better on 3 day lock ins due to the loads being manicured,heavy pick ups taken off and shifted to another driver and a tighter than normal delivery area

Actually, I believe management will always get you to do the route faster when they are with you for the simple fact that you will be less prone to shoot the breeze with your customers when you have a sup. whipping you like a race horse to get going and UPS knows this.

Let's face it, I chit-chat with my customers everyday. Its part of the job unless you're a rude jerk and when management is with me I don't chat as much and that is where they get their time savings.

Problem is, a route can't be run like that everyday in the real world. We are not robots and human conversation is a cost of doing business for UPS whether they like it or not.

They can waste all their time and resources with 3-day rides as much as they want. But, that's all it is: a waste of time and resources because nobody ever gets fired and the driver always goes back to his prior numbers and nothing is ever done about it.

It amazes me that these supervisors have nothing better to do for 3 days than to baby-sit a grown man while he does his job. Those 3 days should be spent fixing the routes instead of baby-sitting. This is where money could really be saved. FIX THE ROUTES AND THE PRELOAD.

anytime a sup would pull me in the office for something stupid I would hit them with.... DID I STEAL SOMETHING .... DID FAIL TO FOLLOW PROCEDURE .... IS THERE A CUSTOMER COMPLAINT ABOUT ME (which there never would be) . so if you want to suspend me let me know now .... keys are in the truck and if you want to find me I will at first movie at 11am

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Actually, I believe management will always get you to do the route faster when they are with you for the simple fact that you will be less prone to shoot the breeze with your customers when you have a sup. whipping you like a race horse to get going and UPS knows this.

Let's face it, I chit-chat with my customers everyday. Its part of the job unless you're a rude jerk and when management is with me I don't chat as much and that is where they get their time savings.

Problem is, a route can't be run like that everyday in the real world. We are not robots and human conversation is a cost of doing business for UPS whether they like it or not.

They can waste all their time and resources with 3-day rides as much as they want. But, that's all it is: a waste of time and resources because nobody ever gets fired and the driver always goes back to his prior numbers and nothing is ever done about it.

It amazes me that these supervisors have nothing better to do for 3 days than to baby-sit a grown man while he does his job. Those 3 days should be spent fixing the routes instead of baby-sitting. This is where money could really be saved. FIX THE ROUTES AND THE PRELOAD.

As you state quite eloquently in your last paragraph.............They do have nothing better to do. Actually unfortunately for them, this is the last thing they have left. Mine actually said that. They have been replaced by all the technology. Once the heat sensors are on the grab rails, and the cameras are in the cab, the FT sups will be walking out to their cars for the last time.

stink219

Not because I like it, but because I agree. Middle management is all but done. You will see computer generated discipline without human element.

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

oldngray

nowhere special

Not true. Just follow methods and take zero shortcuts when a sup rides with you and it is very easy to look worse on paper.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I work the same either way. My goal when I get in the truck is to get out of the truck as quickly as possible. I am the same with or without guidance. Actually he usually slows me down a little.

Rainman

Its all good.
Total scare tactics. My center manager asked me yesterday if he could tear up my 9.5 grievances... Ha! Fat chance buddy, like I told my business agent, I don't shake hands with the devil! When they approach me about my sporh I encourage them to come!e ride with me so they can see why it takes as long as it does!

Sent using BrownCafe App
That's usually all it takes. No one wants to go on a all day ride when they know you're right.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

I've found that management will leave me alone by showing them that I don't care about, nor am I intimidated by, being questioned or threatened with OJS rides for being over allowed. At this point I'd have to do something pretty stupid to get such treatment and it takes me having an awful day for them to even nonchalantly mention my "numbers."

I've found that management will leave me alone by showing them that I don't care about, nor am I intimidated by, being questioned or threatened with OJS rides for being over allowed. At this point I'd have to do something pretty stupid to get such treatment and it takes me having an awful day for them to even nonchalantly mention my "numbers."
I tell them, you can ride me ,any 3 days you want. That will be the 3 easiest days I will ever have at Brown!..

iowa boy

This is my philosophy as well. The only computer generated numbers I care about are the ones on my check. As long as I bring my self and the truck back safely everyday, their numbers are a moot point.

Don't sit there and tell me that Joe or Danny or whomever else can run the route faster because I don't care.

I found that when I stopped worrying about their stupid numbers, the entire job became a lot less stressful.

BIG ARROW UP has the right idea.... when you show them you couldn't care less about their nonsense they are defused. one day I hope you all get to my point of retiring. I used to always talk smack to the sups. once I turned 55 I really ramped it up . I was the top sporh in the center and I used to literally curse them out. I had all dr route and did over 20 an hour. all I had to do was tell them fire me and ill put my papers in and I used to kill them with I MAKE YOU YOU DONT MAKE ME . they never do it , im their bread and butter

Dragon

Package Center Manager
BIG ARROW UP has the right idea.... when you show them you couldn't care less about their nonsense they are defused. one day I hope you all get to my point of retiring. I used to always talk smack to the sups. once I turned 55 I really ramped it up . I was the top sporh in the center and I used to literally curse them out. I had all dr route and did over 20 an hour. all I had to do was tell them fire me and ill put my papers in and I used to kill them with I MAKE YOU YOU DONT MAKE ME . they never do it , im their bread and butter

You sure showed us a thing or two...now you are retired and have no life, so you jump on brown cafe for what?

Please go enjoy your retirement..Big Brown didn't close the doors because you left...I promise.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You sure showed us a thing or two...now you are retired and have no life, so you jump on brown cafe for what?

Please go enjoy your retirement..Big Brown didn't close the doors because you left...I promise.
He "jumped on BC" because it was his life.
Is he supposed to forget because you want to?
Don't put your demons on this guy.

I wanted to hate Dragon from the first post I read of his, but over time I grew to respect him.
If allowances were anything close to fair, across the board, I might understand.
Unfortunately, management lives in a cyber world where our job is equated to an assembly line mentality.
It couldn't be further from the truth.

BrownTruck

Why is it so hard just to do the job that we are paid for. Why some go out with the intention of seeing how long they can drag it out. Then when they get question about it its harassment. I just dont get it

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk