Punished by bulk route and screwing up bad

novadriver

Monday i got sent on a new route that does lots of big buildings with bulk stops. I'm so overwhelmed that i've made more mistakes in these last couple days than I have since I started.

4 late airs today out of 45 airs, parking ticket. Depressing.

novadriver

I think i'm going to call in sick tomorrow because I feel like I am going to puke all day doing this blown out route lool

BrownTexas

Late air? Tell them you can't get it all off in time and run nothing but air first. But know if a parking ticket matters. We don't get those at my center.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I think i'm going to call in sick tomorrow because I feel like I am going to puke all day doing this blown out route lool
Relax, tomorrow is another day youngblood. Cant carry yesterday into todays mind state, youll learn that as time goes on. Its all part of the learning curve on this job, in the beginning. Youll be an ace before you know it and this job will be like second nature to ya. Weve all made a lot of mistakes in the beginning, you learn from them and become new improved the next day. Hang in there and remember positive thinking dude lol.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Monday i got sent on a new route that does lots of big buildings with bulk stops. I'm so overwhelmed that i've made more mistakes in these last couple days than I have since I started.

4 late airs today out of 45 airs, parking ticket. Depressing.

Cant turn a pile of shyt into a flower bed all the time. One day at a time

Rainman

Its all good.
You're going to have good days and not so good days. Roll with it. Don't let it get you down. A lot of what discourages you is beyond your control. Don't sweat the stuff you can't do anything about. Don't sweat the other stuff either, just learn from it. Like Jumpman said, have the positive outlook.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If the check cashes they can't punish you unless you let them. Who cares if the route has bulk or buildings. If you're employed, you're winning.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I got an idea. Take all of your break in the middle of the day and work at a steady safe pace. Inform them of all that will be missed in plenty of time.

Dweezel

Air always comes of first, then ground, no clue about parking tickets, but I would ask management where you can park to avoid such. If you can't drive around the block after air and start ground on second trip. If it looks like you will get a ticket do a third trip around the block, rinse and repeat. As long as you have no late air and are working as instructed who cares how long the route takes.

NY Grind75

????????
Next time just send a message back to the center through your diad so it will be paper that you let them know you are going to have issues with your air. ....."CYA"....cover your ass

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It sucks trying to get ppl to take your air but do it anyways.
It's not his job to give air to his route mates, it's management's job to spread it out among drivers to make service. No reason to make this rookie fix a problem management doesn't want to, if he does, management will never fix it because he's doing it daily.

ReLooped

I'm utility...AGAIN!?
do the route one stop at a time.
don't take the work personal. I used to get stressed out when I was put on ball buster routes. or get to the PC and have the absolute worst load ever. but these days if that were to happens I do 3 things: 1) laugh 2)tell management I will have service issues if I don't get help 3)call dispatch throughout the day and let them know I need help.

nothing else to do really. one way or another those packages are getting delivered. no sense raising your blood pressure over it

bbsam

Staff member
They went straight for a suspension but i grieved it, because I've never had a warning letter for that offense.
On a side note, what happens to management in this situation? Do they get kicked in the nuts for being stupid or is this considered an acceptable method of intimidation by higher levels of management?