Purolator (Canada)

code5

I was just wondering what kind of association UPS has with Purolator here in Canada.

For those who don't know, Purolator dominates the Canadian courier market and their majority owner is Canada Post.

I have heard Canada Post would like to unload them, however, they are apparently riddled in debt. UPS has had several chances to purchase them, but will not assume that debt.

Recently, UPS has a working relationship with Purolator where they deliver our rural areas that we contract out and we deliver their U.S. volume.

Of course, there is speculation now that we plan or already have bought Purolator.

Does anyone have any information on this, or is it just the good old rumour mill.

rod

Retired 22 years
Purolator was fairly big here in the midwest U.S. back in the 70's---then they just disappeared

B

brown observer

before we think about Purolator I hope they close the deal with TNT first.

Bloodybrown

I hate to admit it but i too am old enough to remember those gun metal grey vans running around back in the 70s also

I remember, they had terrible service and ran on 1% profit margins just so they could survive......the barely did, until they just died!!

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Remember the commercials,the fast takling guy and all the people that couldn't remember their name.They were good commercials.