Purple Promise for the New Year

MAKAVELI

It's the driving between stops. Windshield time as those brownies call it. I learned from a brownie on route to do my gated community last, so my sporh speed up since most of the old folks are inside their homes & I drop n run

If I go any faster down those dusty, bumpy roads, I'd tear up my FedEx logo'ed boxvan.

Those 2 cover drivers took about 8.5 hours each when I called out for a week, LoL
It's not your van. Why do you care?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It's not your van. Why do you care?

When this van breaks down on route, whose gonna be sitting on their @$$ waiting for a rental truck??? Then, reloading the cargo and transferring your gear? All for free?

I'm proactive, not reactive to avoid such headaches that I see other drivers experienced. Sure u don't care if u don't pop the hood to check oil level & such, you're hourly. These subcontractors doesn't have enough spares route go around when a driver abuses the transmission by not stopping fully when switching from D to R

I plot my route to go in a straight line from terminal to my home, butt with all those hours in my assigned van, I may just bring along an air mattress and sleep in the cargo area???

bacha29

When this van breaks down on route, whose gonna be sitting on their @$$ waiting for a rental truck??? Then, reloading the cargo and transferring your gear? All for free?

I'm proactive, not reactive to avoid such headaches that I see other drivers experienced. Sure u don't care if u don't pop the hood to check oil level & such, you're hourly. These subcontractors doesn't have enough spares route go around when a driver abuses the transmission by not stopping fully when switching from D to R

I plot my route to go in a straight line from terminal to my home, butt with all those hours in my assigned van, I may just bring along an air mattress and sleep in the cargo area???
Yours is an impossible situation. The greater your ability to improvise the more it's exploited. Unfortunately you have come to discover that when it comes to that company as a whole stopgap measures become permanent solutions. It would appear that at this point you only have two choices remaining. Demand compensation that is in keeping with what a person with the responsibilities that have been dumped in your lap normally earns or find an employer willing to offer it.
What you have at the present time is transitional employment , the job between jobs. Just something to tide you over until the job you are deserving of finds you.

overflowed

I

Don't work for FedEx anymore so have no skin in the game anymore. No loyalties to express, ground, ups whatever. We all understand you're a good employee that wants to get back to your family as soon as possible since your not paid hourly. What I don't understand is any of these companies would nut themselves to have you. Your work ethic even impresses myself . Why do you still work for these leaches/contractors? You must be baby face Nelson incarnate . Wtf dude? You actually upset me working for these foorknuts. Rarely post unless I feel it's warranted.

overflowed

I've said as much before in multiple posts to you before , if you do all this extra stuff for some such and such incorporated. Express would take you with one leg and ups would shake your hot dog. Dude ? What bank did you rob.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
LoL, I robbed the bank of self reliance,I guess... side hustle as a landlord to make up for lack of bennies

each opco has their pros/cons

This one fits my routine for now. Ability to roll into the terminal at flexible times, as long as I service my customers, they stay off my back. Basically, they will text me if I have an appointment or evening delivery & I can adjust my start time on the fly.

No set business pickups like on ground, so I don't need any of that crap until the overlap begins... then that's my cue to look at Amazon flex or same day delivery.

Monday off is great for errands.

I'm about to replace a pedestal sump pump that finally started having issues (1984 date on the label) with a newer submersible one.

Blah don't like properties with basements or crawl space that's below grade. Next investment property will sit on top of land.

Thanks for observing & replying. No worries, I'm doing better than some poor saps in HD or ground.