Pushing 30 year old rule!

Johney

According to your Local seniority practice.

Do you really feel the need to "spike the ball" ??

You skipped over more senior Union members. Are you laughing about it ?

-Bug-
Spike the ball my ass, I didn't skip over anybody they had a chance to outbid me and passed how do you consider that laughing about it? Now I'll spike the ball......I pick vacations before them too.

Johney

I've told a lot of the guys who complained about the way we do it here, that if your seniority reset when you get to feeders, most of the guys who waited to go would have gone much earlier, making it much harder for those guys complaining, to go at all. As it is, you can choose when the time is right for you, or not go at all. The choice is made easier, knowing you'll take your full-time seniority with you. There is no rush.
So you have no problem getting bumped back to package say after 10 years in feeder? Because it could possibly happen if enough guys changed their mind, well maybe not you personally but someone.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Spike the ball my ass, I didn't skip over anybody they had a chance to outbid me and passed how do you consider that laughing about it? Now I'll spike the ball......I pick vacations before them too.

Wonder if you’d feel the same if the situation was reversed?

Johney

Listen it's what it is here will I complain? Hell no, has anybody complained? No. 22.3 jobs works the same and no one says anything because it was that way before any of us got there and will likely be the same after we're all gone.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
So you have no problem getting bumped back to package say after 10 years in feeder? Because it could possibly happen if enough guys changed their mind, well maybe not you personally but someone.

We have so many drivers here, that when they lay off drivers, it usually guys with less than three years seniority that get sent back.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Like I said.... it's a contentious issue.

It's your Local practice, and I respect that. But it doesn't mean I agree with it.

That is generally off the street hires that have a problem with pkg car drivers come up.

Isn't that the truth.

I've actually heard some of them say "they are stealing our work".

I'm kind of the mindset.... that seniority only sucks.... when you don't have it.

Definitely not me.

That goes without saying.

-Bug-