Putting in 2 weeks mid-packet.

Dumbperson

This was a job I really wanted, got through integrad, pre-load, and finally became a driver. Realized I got a runners route that is literally impossible to do unless you run each package out the truck. 13 days to go and now I’m deciding to put in my two weeks. Job isn’t difficult at all, I just feel they put me on a route that’s over-standard.

Goodbye boys, I’m forever grateful for the opportunity. Next time you hear me I’ll probably be on your local radio singing lol.
There's not a lot I wouldn't do for near doctor money. Good luck with singing, maybe I'll have the radio on in the boat one day and I'll hear you singing a jingle for a local pawn store or something.

Heavy Package

Goodbye boys, I’m forever grateful for the opportunity. Next time you hear me I’ll probably be on your local radio singing lol.

I love these new guys that start threads about quitting and signing off. Damn these Millennials need to feel special and important even when quitting a job that "wasn't difficult at all". What a joke. Next time you hear from me I'll be signing on your local radio. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT...

Staydryitsraining

Are the butt hurt Obama sheep deleting comments again? The left is hilarious. I can imagine someone like PC principal from south park deciding who can say what and if its deemed PC or hurtful. :beta1:

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah, but y u didn't try UPS feeder? Some of it can just be local & can be home daily, not OTR for longer than a week...

Themanthatdid

Is there any way I can switch my route ? Having businesses, 12 Pick-ups and 7 apartments with packages I have to run door to door isn’t going to make me scratch especially with a lunch break. If I try to tell them the route is over standard they think I’m lying. My start up time is 9:30AM and the time I should be finish is 7:40PM.

bumped

You need to realize that all the training routes were bid on by runners. For the most part we were all runners when we first started. As one gets more seniority they bid off the training routes, because no one wants to get kicked off of their route. We take the training routes because there is nothing to take.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Is there any way I can switch my route ? Having businesses, 12 Pick-ups and 7 apartments with packages I have to run door to door isn’t going to make me scratch especially with a lunch break. If I try to tell them the route is over standard they think I’m lying. My start up time is 9:30AM and the time I should be finish is 7:40PM.
There is no way a trainee should be working until 7:40. Did you talk to a steward? The 30 day workload is outlined for you and should increase incrementally...I.E. 4 hours. 6 hours day five-ten (for ex). Unless that has changed since 2009. Nowhere should you have 9 or 10 hours of work and I would grieve that, unless that changed of course.

Themanthatdid

There is no way a trainee should be working until 7:40. Did you talk to a steward? The 30 day workload is outlined for you and should increase incrementally...I.E. 4 hours. 6 hours day five-ten (for ex). Unless that has changed since 2009. Nowhere should you have 9 or 10 hours of work and I would grieve that, unless that changed of course.
Interesting, yea that’s the projected time I should be done with everything. I think they just want me to fail as a driver. I’ve noticed the regular that’s on their gets time taken off him cause of seniority reasons. For me it’s sink or swim. I don’t wanna stress about it, it’s only so much I can do.

Indecisi0n

Interesting, yea that’s the projected time I should be done with everything. I think they just want me to fail as a driver. I’ve noticed the regular that’s on their gets time taken off him cause of seniority reasons. For me it’s sink or swim. I don’t wanna stress about it, it’s only so much I can do.
Sounds like everyone is out to get you. When we first started they would never give us a difficult route. In fact they would give us a list of all the routes and asked us which area we knew best and assign us to that route. As a new driver we always got the newer automatic trucks to help with time and was never dispatched over 8 hours worth of work. Any bad weather days wouldn't count against us and we were always off the clock before it got dark.

Talk to your steward , this just isn't fair.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Not following the dispatch plan from your training packet is an excellent way for your management team to lose a grievance over someone getting disqualified. It starts at 6.5 hours and slowly ramps up to 9 hours.

And how are you sheeting apartments?
Bring bulk directly to the office for a signature+left at. Enter apt # and stop complete each individual door. Infonotice/prerecord/left at office for people not in. This will give you credit for each attempt made and cut down on you running huge :censored2: up a flight of stairs.

JustAbody

Sounds like everyone is out to get you. When we first started they would never give us a difficult route. In fact they would give us a list of all the routes and asked us which area we knew best and assign us to that route. As a new driver we always got the newer automatic trucks to help with time and was never dispatched over 8 hours worth of work. Any bad weather days wouldn't count against us and we were always off the clock before it got dark.

Wow. I just graduated my probation last week and made seniority. I was put on an industrial route nobody wanted and they turned it into a “training” route, even though it was a regular route. I was always given around a 9-9.5 hr dispatch until the last week of my 30. I wasn’t asked what areas I was familiar with as well. The last guy who drove that route burned it up good, but now that I made seniority I get to work at a safe pace. They definitely stacked the odds against me as they also have me driving the oldest trucks in the center that barely even work . I don’t mind driving stick shift at all but these old b$&@es barely have any power left and have a healthy appetite for oil (or they just leak it all over).

Also, how can a steward help when the new driver isn’t union?

Themanthatdid

Not following the dispatch plan from your training packet is an excellent way for your management team to lose a grievance over someone getting disqualified. It starts at 6.5 hours and slowly ramps up to 9 hours.

And how are you sheeting apartments?
Bring bulk directly to the office for a signature+left at. Enter apt # and stop complete each individual door. Infonotice/prerecord/left at office for people not in. This will give you credit for each attempt made and cut down on you running huge :censored2: up a flight of stairs.
Each package to each door, driver release. Sometimes signatures. None of the apartments take packages to the office. So if each apartment has over 10 packages, they’re all going to the door.

Themanthatdid

Seems that’s what I have to do, hopefully they’re not with management side.

JustAbody

They’re testing you. They did similar to me. Most of my 30 I was having dispatches scheduled to have me out till 7-something all the time and on an industrial route with 30 pickup stops. It was hell at first but I’m sure you can get the hang of it. I just shut my mouth, did the job, went home to the wife and kids. Trey abused me as a new hire and I knew it, but I don’t mind the $$$.

JustAbody

They pulled me off the route 3 times in one week. Seems like they want me to quit.

I never got pulled off my route so I’m not sure. Another guy who got hired into progression after me had that happen a couple of times. He was told to take the time off to drive the route in his personal car to get to know the area better and had a manifest print out of the addresses. As far as I could tell they were trying to help...