Putting in 2 weeks mid-packet.

8000Shelf

Then quit my guy, no one is stopping you. Are you looking for some type of comfort on here from us or what? Job is not for everybody.
I don't think this job is for anyone really. Looking around at us drivers doing it for more than a decade in the AM, damn near everyone of us is pretty beat up

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Not following the dispatch plan from your training packet is an excellent way for your management team to lose a grievance over someone getting disqualified. It starts at 6.5 hours and slowly ramps up to 9 hours.

And how are you sheeting apartments?
Bring bulk directly to the office for a signature+left at. Enter apt # and stop complete each individual door. Infonotice/prerecord/left at office for people not in. This will give you credit for each attempt made and cut down on you running huge :censored2: up a flight of stairs.
exactly, the OP is union (preload) and should at least ask why the training packet has not been followed. Ask a steward first. UPS will nail you for not following methods, the roles should reverse.

OKLABob

I’ll give it to my 30 days, but if they DQ me for putting in 110% at least I gave it all I got. I’ll just go back to trucking or the oilfield.
Stick it out dude I can’t see them dqing you if you are getting the route done in a reasonable amount of time. Peak is around the corner they are gonna need everyone they can. UPS is a good job but they do screw you.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
With a CDL A, u really should aim at the tractor trailer driving, not package vehicles.

Good luck either way.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys.

Single and no kids, I have my Class A CDL. If I get DQ I’ll just go back to trucking, pre-load pays nothing. I’m putting in 110% but simply can’t make scratch consistently, it’s a hit and miss. They pulled me off the route 4 times so that alone isn’t good since I’m missing out on money for personal responsibilities. The benefits are second to none but the numbers you have to beat in your 30 days are tuff.
Just do your best
This numbers BS is just that BS
Stay with it and see what happens
This is a good job with great benefits
Just man up and push thru

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Is there any way I can switch my route ? Having businesses, 12 Pick-ups and 7 apartments with packages I have to run door to door isn’t going to make me scratch especially with a lunch break. If I try to tell them the route is over standard they think I’m lying. My start up time is 9:30AM and the time I should be finish is 7:40PM.

If you think that is hard, you are going to be in for a real surprise when peak comes and you are doing 400+ stops with a helper out of two separate trucks, breaking off to do air and get those 100+ businesses done by 5, and being out blind in the dead of winter. You're going to be hating life and miserable.

Anyways, good luck, I don't know what thats like though cuz I only do like 40-60 stops and drive for IDK maybe 300-400 miles. My heat in truck works amazing and I don't have to pee in a bottle to get my S* done.

s berry

ups driver is a pretty miserable way to make a living. guarantee you that most companies do not expect you to show up early for your job so they can give you dirty, disgusted looks and try to scold and question you , off the clock, about previous days performance. i ve done it for 42 years now, and truly would not suggest this company to anyone

ups driver is a pretty miserable way to make a living. guarantee you that most companies do not expect you to show up early for your job so they can give you dirty, disgusted looks and try to scold and question you , off the clock, about previous days performance. i ve done it for 42 years now, and truly would not suggest this company to anyone
Yes the job does suck sometimes but it gave my family opportunities that I did not have growing up

s berry

no issue with that, like i say, i ve been driving now for 40 years , employed for 42. you get used to it, but, when you tell your friends some of the juvenile crap we hear and are instructed to do, most wont believe you. like group streching in morning, or when mngm"t gives a liittle speech and insists on a group hoorah, or how about when we have to stand inside our little yellow lines, like grade school or worse; oh well

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Wow. I just graduated my probation last week and made seniority. I was put on an industrial route nobody wanted and they turned it into a “training” route, even though it was a regular route. I was always given around a 9-9.5 hr dispatch until the last week of my 30. I wasn’t asked what areas I was familiar with as well. The last guy who drove that route burned it up good, but now that I made seniority I get to work at a safe pace. They definitely stacked the odds against me as they also have me driving the oldest trucks in the center that barely even work . I don’t mind driving stick shift at all but these old b$&@es barely have any power left and have a healthy appetite for oil (or they just leak it all over).

Also, how can a steward help when the new driver isn’t union?

Why isn’t the new driver union?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Why not retire

42 years C’mon man

ManInBrown

This was a job I really wanted, got through integrad, pre-load, and finally became a driver. Realized I got a runners route that is literally impossible to do unless you run each package out the truck. 13 days to go and now I’m deciding to put in my two weeks. Job isn’t difficult at all, I just feel they put me on a route that’s over-standard.

Goodbye boys, I’m forever grateful for the opportunity. Next time you hear me I’ll probably be on your local radio singing lol.
k

El Correcto

god is dead
I’ll give it to my 30 days, but if they DQ me for putting in 110% at least I gave it all I got. I’ll just go back to trucking or the oilfield.
I went seasonal driving one year, didn’t make the cut due to seniority stuck in for another year and went full time.

I know a guy who is on his third attempt now.
This really is a sweet gig once you get used to it, there isn’t much else I’d rather do. I come from a family of tradesmen and small business owners. They might make more than me at times, but they have a lot more stress and uncertainty than me.

quad decade guy

Where to start. I dq'd my first try...30 years ago. It's such a long story but I never quit. I've been

here nearly 40. And no, not divorces- I'm too young. I can't even qualify to buy UPS insurance(too

young). I've never paid for insurance, never will. Long ways from Medicare or SS. In my opinion,

let the Company dq him. You never know what can/will happen. He has absolutely nothing to lose.

But/however, doesn't sound like he has the heart for hard work. I'm not sure what "non standard'

route means. My dq route was put together with bits and pieces. I was not on a "training route".

My steward was great and helpful noting all this when it came to the panel-yes, it went to the panel.

Anyway, my 2nd try was on a designated t/r and was like cake. Sailed smoothly through.

UPS is not for everyone. I quit recommending people for jobs. I wouldn't ever recommend my

son in law(who needs a better job)-ever. Doesn't have it in him and wouldn't let him embarrass

me.

We are in the middle of a change of ops at our hub. A fellow driver has been with the Co. 9 years.

He doesn't want to change hubs(15 miles). I asked him then what? "I'll quit". Wow. Ooook.

The OP needs to move along(single, no kids). Sounds like the Co. feels the same. IMHO.