Putting in 2 weeks mid-packet.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I got DQ today, they told me to go back on pre-load and do air on Saturdays, I chuckled. Welp back to the oil-field lol.

Can anyone actually think of a driver who got DQ'd who didn't think that there was a plot all the way up to the CEO to set him up for failure?

I could swear I've heard this record before...

KoennenTiger

You aren't fired until you're fired.
They can say whatever they want.
When I first started some :censored2: on-road sup got in my face and told me I needed to find another job too. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a catch phrase the higher-ups teach to them. Was real creepy too, he looked around first then got in the back of the package car with me to say it like he wanted to make sure no one else heard him. Told him I was doing my best and kept working. Still here. He even apologized for it later on.

Nothing you do at UPS will ever be good enough for them. So you either accept having to deal with the constant harassment and stress or learn to ignore it.

Hell we got a new center mngr like a year ago. The first day I met him he was screaming at me about how I'm a :censored2:ty employee and should find a new job. I just ignored his childish temper tantrum. He's still here but he's less of an immature baby now. Not the worst center mngr I've had.

Dumbperson

Cultist mentality.
You'd have to be a maroon to put up with this :censored2: for 30+ years.
Life is too short to spend it dealing with UPS.
The smart move is to use them for tuition assistance, get your degree, and get OUT.
It's not a cultist mentality so much as it's a I won't fail personality. I'm gonna get what I need out of this job and I'm going to do it by my terms. And for that my kids and grandkids will have it easier than me.

quad decade guy

Can anyone actually think of a driver who got DQ'd who didn't think that there was a plot all the way up to the CEO to set him up for failure?

I could swear I've heard this record before...

Well, now you are stepping on toes. I was dq'd 30 years ago. Through a building closing, we could move 800 mi. away to follow work or drive locally(pkg). I chose to drive locally. 6 of us were
distributed amongst the Centers. 1 made it. I've chronicled the story, so-conspiracy? My Center mgr.
did not like me and told me so. At day 22 you are supposed to have 5 days under allowed. I had 4
and my 5th was 2 clicks over. See ya. At this point, I had 9 years full time with the Co. But I didn't
have a job to go back to. Maybe not conspiracy, but if they don't want you to qualify-you won't.

Now the OP? Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall during all this?

s berry

It’s usually a divorce or two that keep people here
no divorce here, out on wkrs comp last five months and now just trying to out stubborn them and continue towards pension increase like i say, any of us that have done this for years, knows how bitter we become towards the place, and, when the time comes, its our turn to remember all the juvenile crap we put up with and react accordingly

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
no divorce here, out on wkrs comp last five months and now just trying to out stubborn them and continue towards pension increase like i say, any of us that have done this for years, knows how bitter we become towards the place, and, when the time comes, its our turn to remember all the juvenile crap we put up with and react accordingly

Hang in there!

Here in 710, the drivers/full timers just got a 400 a month pay increase. Starts in January, apparently.

Company seems to be looking to help some of you old fogeys find the door.
Light at the end of that tunnel. :)

s berry

this old fogey would say bye -bye, then leave the place in good hands with all the top notch drivers sup,s, etc. we all know they are going to be replaced soon anyways as technology will prove those idiots to be absolutely useless.