Putting in 2 weeks mid-packet.

Themanthatdid

This was a job I really wanted, got through integrad, pre-load, and finally became a driver. Realized I got a runners route that is literally impossible to do unless you run each package out the truck. 13 days to go and now I’m deciding to put in my two weeks. Job isn’t difficult at all, I just feel they put me on a route that’s over-standard.

Goodbye boys, I’m forever grateful for the opportunity. Next time you hear me I’ll probably be on your local radio singing lol.

This was a job I really wanted, got through integrad, pre-load, and finally became a driver. Realized I got a runners route that is literally impossible to do unless you run each package out the truck. 13 days to go and now I’m deciding to put in my two weeks. Job isn’t difficult at all, I just feel they put me on a route that’s over-standard.

Goodbye boys, I’m forever grateful for the opportunity. Next time you hear me I’ll probably be on your local radio singing lol.
Three whole weeks in and you are giving it up?

You don't want the chance to make 80-100k in four years, paid vacation , medical and a pension??

trickpony1

You're worried about something that hasn't happened yet.
Don't DQ yourself...let them DQ you.
Keep accurate records in a notebook, at home, then when they DQ you can show them the unreasonable numbers they expected you to qualify with.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Three whole weeks in and you are giving it up?

You don't want the chance to make 80-100k in four years, paid vacation , medical and a pension??
it's okay if you are single, no children, few skills and,or education. Desperate measures and all. I think people are wise to the fact UPS is a last ditch employment option when all else fails

8000Shelf

Let them dq you and go back to preload. You'll keep your benefits and pay/seniority until you figure out your next job. Work safe n steady in the meantime, never know you might qualify anyways

Themanthatdid

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys.

Single and no kids, I have my Class A CDL. If I get DQ I’ll just go back to trucking, pre-load pays nothing. I’m putting in 110% but simply can’t make scratch consistently, it’s a hit and miss. They pulled me off the route 4 times so that alone isn’t good since I’m missing out on money for personal responsibilities. The benefits are second to none but the numbers you have to beat in your 30 days are tuff.

Box Ox

Job isn’t difficult at all, I just feel they put me on a route that’s over-standard.

So if the job isn't difficult at all, you might as well see the whole packet through and then tell management to shove it and not worry about your numbers. Everybody moves fast when they're trying to qualify.

trickpony1

Has anyone suggested the OP bring a healthy lunch with sports drinks and, after the morning commits, find a safe place to park and punch meal.

Sort your truck, collect your thoughts, eat some lunch as you sort and punch off meal and continue your day.

I can't be the only person who has ever done this....

Poop Head

Judge me.

Single and no kids, I have my Class A CDL. If I get DQ I’ll just go back to trucking, pre-load pays nothing. I’m putting in 110% but simply can’t make scratch consistently, it’s a hit and miss. They pulled me off the route 4 times so that alone isn’t good since I’m missing out on money for personal responsibilities. The benefits are second to none but the numbers you have to beat in your 30 days are tuff.
Don't quit now

Brisket

Peak is literally right around the corner, and you better believe they are most likely getting you ready for it and chances are you will most likely not be dq’ed!

Hang in there if you can.

Superteeth2478

Just bust it out for the 30 and then stick it in their asses after you qualify. And by stick it in their asses all you really have to do is work at a safe, consistent pace the whole day. That's it. The only time there's a "production standard" is when you're trying to qualify, after that you can tell them to shove their numbers up their asses.

Edit: No way, ass isn't censored?

Edit 2: What about :censored2:?

Edit 3: Well, there's my answer!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Let them disqualify you first. Tough it out until day 28-29. You can self-serve your DQ then if you feel the job itself (mentally, without caring about the qualifying numbers game) would be unbearable.
I personally don't find it any worse to my mental health than the Preload. It might be the same b*ish in your car and with your management back at the center but at least the landscape always changes. The amount of physical labor you put in is ultimately up to you when you qualify.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
There are a few games you can play to make scratch:
1. Always aim for more miles over standing around parked thinking about your next move. Even if you miss something, you increase your miles, which increases your allowance. Training routes that start out with higher miles are easier to scratch as a result, avoid inner city training routes and try to get your management to put you on one that has more miles from the get-go.
2. Learn how to log everything in your diad: Pickup pieces, internationals, over 70s, floor numbers. Try to start and end your on-road immediately after touching UPS property. I don't think anybody knows what exactly gives you a better allowance but the more you log the more you stand to gain.
3. Be loud and obnoxious, get people towards you and opt for quick signatures if possible. Each signature is an extra few seconds added to your allowance.

Indecisi0n

You're worried about something that hasn't happened yet.
Don't DQ yourself...let them DQ you.
Keep accurate records in a notebook, at home, then when they DQ you can show them the unreasonable numbers they expected you to qualify with.
Do you really want this guy to stay? You're going to have to hear him cry every morning about how he's getting screwed even though he's done by 7 every night .