Putting in My Letter of Intent

moldsporh

Exactly you tell them the truth and you don't always give negative feed back you point out what they do good more often than bad. You also don't blind side them.

Depends on what your definition of blind side is.

The driver you pat on the back one night for running an extra 30 stops over dispatch, will need to be talked to the next day because they were 30 min past cutoff, because the higher power told you to discipline the driver.

Thus starts the vicious cycle.

bagpipes

OMG is this thread still going on!?!?!?

"Ups sucks because they don't promote drivers!!!!!"

"Look! They promoted a driver"
"Sell out!"
"Idiot!"
"Traitor"
"He's stewpid!"

My mumbling 2 year old makes more sense than you people!!

Congrats on your promotion upsguy, wish you the best.

This thread was IMHO good preparation because while asking for feedback and action from your team, you will get lots of good and valuable results; there will also be some whining, some crying, and non value added comments... In this case over 66 pages on the mobile device. Holy crap!

Your patience is already increasing...

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

The driver you pat on the back one night for running an extra 30 stops over dispatch, will need to be talked to the next day because they were 30 min past cutoff, because the higher power told you to discipline the driver.

Yeah it doesn't work like that.

UPSGUY72

Drivers are not disciplined because they are over allowed or for performance they are disciplined because they didn't follow directions or proper methods.

UPSGUY72

Congrats on your promotion upsguy, wish you the best.

This thread was IMHO good preparation because while asking for feedback and action from your team, you will get lots of good and valuable results; there will also be some whining, some crying, and non value added comments... In this case over 66 pages on the mobile device. Holy crap!

Your patience is already increasing...

Thanks been a great first week. All I have to say is big learning curve. I'm the only ORS in my little center of between 23-26 routes a day. It's me and a FT PDS in the morning. He running the preload and I'm in charge of all the drivers and local sort. It's basically my building according to my center manager who oversees two buildings.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Thanks been a great first week. All I have to say is big learning curve. I'm the only ORS in my little center of between 23-26 routes a day. It's me and a FT PDS in the morning. He running the preload and I'm in charge of all the drivers and local sort. It's basically my building according to my center manager who oversees two buildings.
Wow "your building "?

You can tell you're a new supervisor. You're suffering from "supervisor syndrome ".

Looks like your ego needs to be knocked down a few notches. If your head gets any bigger, you won't be able to sit at your computer all day in the office

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Drivers are not disciplined because they are over allowed or for performance they are disciplined because they didn't follow directions or proper methods.

You've obviously never been in grievance hearings. This is an absolute lie.

I'm starting to think you were never a driver to begin with.

That's almost as bad as your poor communication and spelling abilities

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
There is some truth to this. They aren't "officially" disciplined for performance as that's not recognized but we all know that is the underlying reason.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Wow "your building "?

You can tell you're a new supervisor. You're suffering from "supervisor syndrome ".

Looks like your ego needs to be knocked down a few notches. If your head gets any bigger, you won't be able to sit at your computer all day in the office
See how the mongrels turn on their masters so quickly?