Putting in My Letter of Intent

UPSGUY72

More kindergarten cop crap. Why not just walk in fresh snow I dunno....

Than the driver wouldn't be following the methods using designated walk paths. Also walking in fresh snow doesn't mean your not going to fall on the ice under it...

Apparently you haven't already clue when it comes to delivering in the hill towns and snow and ice...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Than the driver wouldn't be following the methods using designated walk paths. Also walking in fresh snow doesn't mean your not going to fall on the ice under it...

Apparently you haven't already clue when it comes to delivering in the hill towns and snow and ice...
Did it for 34 years
They got themselves a real winner with you. you're right where you need to be
Good Luck

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Dont wear a tie just shirt with collar pants and shoes. What part of work as directed don't you understand. Drivers are told to wear ice cleats for they don't fall and get hurt.
Well when one off yours union brother uses his fellow drivers not taking lunches as a defense in a local panel. You start making all the drivers take there lunch.

Is this seriously how you communicate? Do you also speak this way incoherently?

If you do, you really have no business being in any role where decisions should be made. Any good BA would have a field day with you as an ORS in any grievance hearing.

You sound like a foot soldier type of thinker. You'll blindly do as you're told without question or understanding of why you're doing it.

I'm sure when you were a driver, you got frustrated with BS type tactics like you just described. But yet here you are,first week in and you are using those same blind tactics without question.

You'll be a great lap dog. I have respect for the ORS or center manager who was a driver who moves through the ranks but applies common sense to their style of management.

You're not that guy nor do you seem to have the capacity to be that.

You're communication style and skills already show that.

How the heck did you even make it through college to graduate? I feel like a 5th grader is writing your responses.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Is this seriously how you communicate? Do you also speak this way incoherently?

If you do, you really have no business being in any role where decisions should be made. Any good BA would have a field day with you as an ORS in any grievance hearing.

You sound like a foot soldier type of thinker. You'll blindly do as you're told without question or understanding of why you're doing it.

I'm sure when you were a driver, you got frustrated with BS type tactics like you just described. But yet here you are,first week in and you are using those same blind tactics without question.

You'll be a great lap dog. I have respect for the ORS or center manager who was a driver who moves through the ranks but applies common sense to their style of management.

You're not that guy nor do you seem to have the capacity to be that.

You're communication style and skills already show that.

How the heck did you even make it through college to graduate? I feel like a 5th grader is writing your responses.
Well said my friend

brown2bone

Winner

UPS is a self insuring company they pay the entire cost of Health insurance we use. They just pay someone else to run it.
Wait until you see how bad the insurance is from when you were a driver. Trust me it's horrible. The only place UPS can make any cuts any more is management.

clean hairy

I wonder how many times the OP used ice cleats?
I wonder if anything is ever taught at integrad about using ice cleats?
Another thought, ice cleats would make a person run over allowed with having to constantly remove and put on the ice cleats.
After all, delivering to say, a Law Firm with polished marble floors would it really be a good idea to go trudging through with ice cleats on the bottom of the shoes?

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

Wait until you see how bad the insurance is from when you were a driver. Trust me it's horrible. The only place UPS can make any cuts any more is management.

it might be horrible in your area that doesn't mean it's horrible in mine. LOL UPS can make cuts in a lot of places get ready for the next contract....

BrownArmy

Ice cleats are given out here (Boston).

I never wear them - if I have to take them off every time I walk into a business or deliver to a rich persons' porch, I'd get nothing done.

UPSGUY72

I wonder how many times the OP used ice cleats?
I wonder if anything is ever taught at integrad about using ice cleats?
Another thought, ice cleats would make a person run over allowed with having to constantly remove and put on the ice cleats.
After all, delivering to say, a Law Firm with polished marble floors would it really be a good idea to go trudging through with ice cleats on the bottom of the shoes?

I have worn them plenty of times. When you deliver in the hill towns you put them on and leave them on all day. Of course if your on a business route you don't wear them in offices. With that being said it only takes a couple of seconds to put them on and take them off...

Orion inc.

I like turtles
it might be horrible in your area that doesn't mean it's horrible in mine. LOL UPS can make cuts in a lot of places get ready for the next contract....
Yep. Usually they cut the first line of supervisors they hired. Last hired, first fired.

They'll cut you and your benefits/compensation before they cut ours and risk the media speculating a work stoppage over the contract negotiations.

UPSGUY72

Ice cleats are given out here (Boston).

I never wear them - if I have to take them off every time I walk into a business or deliver to a rich persons' porch, I'd get nothing done.

In town delivering to businesses is one thing if you deliver in the hill towns or rural areas you wear them when it's icy...

blkmamba

I'm not arrogant or naive. I never said the job was going to be awesome the job is going to be challenging at time. I'm up for the challenge. Is it going to be hard and stressful at time yes. Good things in life aren't always easy in order to better yourself sometime you have to be willing to adapt and over come or you can just sit on the porch and watch life pass you by.

Unless you have done the job don't tell me how it is or what I'm getting myself into. Don't tell me why UPS can't attract good people because UPS is one of the best run companies out there they have attracted a lot of good people in management. You don't just way I want to be in management and they hired you have to pass a assessment, pass and interview and have a college degree or have a commitment to get one. Also these day a lot of the younger generation just don't want to work of do the work to have a better job....

ORS are far from grunts if you think they are just grunts you haven;t got a clue what they do when you leave the building as most people don't. and buythe way yes I'll be working at a center with about 25 drivers give or take a couple I'll be the only ORS in the building and also be the dispatch manager when the dispatch manger is on vacation. It going to be challenging and not easy at times I know that.
I had to pass a writing exam in college to graduate, I'm assuming you didn't...

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Everybody is built differently. Some people dont have a conscious about things, bottom line period. You can tell alot about a persons character and how their made up by paying close attention to their actions. Im being nice about it without taking shots at anybody. You get what im saying, i wouldnt have the balls to do it, ill stay true to who i am and what i stand for. Never sell out, cant put a price on keeping it real and standing up for what you believe in. Loyalty, honesty and integrity means alot to some people, some not so much to others partner lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Warning letter for not wearing Ice Cleats WTF Where are you Mt. Everest

We are also directed to wear ice cleats (as needed) in my center and our center manager would not hesitate to hand out warning letters for failure to work as directed, especially if the offending driver were to get in injured as a result of not wearing the cleats.