Putting in My Letter of Intent

I don't need an option week.... I get paid for everyday whether I work or not. I will never have a unpaid day off. Can you say the same ?

The great lie of being salary. You only get paid for 48 weeks. You get less time off. The more valuable you become, the less opportunity you have for advancement. Have had a lot of unpaid work in UPS management.

upsgrunt

I have no dog in this fight, and if management is what you want, then I'm happy for you.
What I have noticed is your penchant as a salesman for said move, even though you've been in the position a little over two weeks. It's like you are trying to convince yourself, by trying to sell it to everyone else because you just aren't sure yet.

It's also annoying that you come across like you know every possible scenario that could ever happen and the exact right way to handle it, and you've learned it all in two weeks.

Back off a little and don't come across as a know it all, and you might be looked at a little differently, on here anyway.

Hell, that last sentence would do a lot of people some good on here.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I have no dog in this fight, and if management is what you want, then I'm happy for you.
What I have noticed is your penchant as a salesman for said move, even though you've been in the position a little over two weeks. It's like you are trying to convince yourself, by trying to sell it to everyone else because you just aren't sure yet.

It's also annoying that you come across like you know every possible scenario that could ever happen and the exact right way to handle it, and you've learned it all in two weeks.

Back off a little and don't come across as a know it all, and you might be looked at a little differently, on here anyway.

Hell, that last sentence would do a lot of people some good on here.

Good post. :bpotd:

UPSGUY72

The great lie of being salary. You only get paid for 48 weeks. You get less time off. The more valuable you become, the less opportunity you have for advancement. Have had a lot of unpaid work in UPS management.

LOL 48 weeks 52 whatever I'm making over $100,000 this year.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Coding out time doesn't change to many numbers any more at least the 22 elements my center manager gets graded on. It use to but corporate changed that...
Coding can completely changes numbers. The only one that doesn't help numbers is Approved meeting (I believe O73 is the code).

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yearly safety training coding is the only coding that if coded correctly will not let those hrs effect net pph. Approved meetings in the morning doesn't do anything but effect am time. Net pph is the number they are looking at...
They don't look at PPH for drivers. It's SPORH and overallowed. PPH is a sort thing.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
They had their pensions taken away, now they have to fund their own retirement.
Same with having to bear the cost of health care premiums.
So you mean UPS management is doing the same thing every company in America is doing? By golly that is disturbing!

One thing that doesn't seem to sink in on this forum is that the benefits you guys get is a rarity in America. Most of them are actually unheard of this day in age. A pension and no out of pocket cost for healthcare? Nearly nobody does that anymore.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Coding can completely changes numbers. The only one that doesn't help numbers is Approved meeting (I believe O73 is the code).

Somebody should have explained that to my old center manager. Every single morning the preload didn't go down on schedule, he would tell us to code 'approved AM meeting.'

I think it was 073.