Putting in My Letter of Intent

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I loved driving didn't have a problem with it would have still been doing it. Moving on to a be a ORS was for personal reasons. Now I don't have to touch my pension when I retire and my ex wife will never collect a dime of my pension while I'm a live.

That's if you make it. You can now be let go by the company for any reason. Sadly the only pension you'll receive is the one you earned as a driver. You certainly aren't receiving one now in management.

But that's ok because you've stated how you pretty much will be making almost $145,000.

I'm betting now you'll have to work longer to make up your short falls for retirement then if you had stayed a driver.

That's if you make your numbers and don't get fired or laid off for any number of reasons they can now do to you.

That's a risky gamble when you were already close to the finish line.

But that 145k should take care of it all for you while you run "your building ".

ManInBrown

Can't they also ship you anywhere? ORS and center manager's only stay in one place for so long. So let's say they ship you however far away from where you live. That would suck. I'm always thinking to myself when the ORS or center manager is giving me the business. I'm going to still be here, and you'll be long gone

clean hairy

Mgt moves are much less frequent than they used to be, primarily due to cost.
They had their pensions taken away, now they have to fund their own retirement.
Same with having to bear the cost of health care premiums.
I would not be surprised to see the Co. make the transferred management person bear the total cost of having to move after a transfer.

govols019

You smell that?
From what I've seen, it's pretty difficult to get fired as a member of UPS management. I've seen several that should have been fired for gross incompetence but the company just moves them around instead of letting them go.

Playing with the numbers and blatant dishonesty is the only thing I've seen management walked for...Never seen one fired for not making some imaginary number.

By The Book

I loved driving didn't have a problem with it would have still been doing it. Moving on to a be a ORS was for personal reasons. Now I don't have to touch my pension when I retire and my ex wife will never collect a dime of my pension while I'm a live.
I think I know what you meant but please explain how you don't have to touch your pension when you retire.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You need to write a thesis to get your PhD, not your Bachelor's.

Theses are generally required for a master's degree.

Dissertations are generally required for a doctorate degree.

A thesis just puts forth a theory in an essay form. The dissertation requires experimentation to prove/disprove the theory.