PVD needs help with smart phone

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Please, regular drivers, gift me with a little tolerance. I'm desperate and just looking to improve the service.
I use an android based phone and need help with the following :
When I'm asked to help a driver, after i finish my load, I scan the packages AND manually enter the addresses. My manager (mia) once told me that there is a way to get the address to populate the tracking number but I haven't found out how. This adds considerable time to the added route.

When I have a missing package I can't find the "not found" disposition for the undelivered package. The package is almost always left on the driver's truck but, if it's on my itinerary, I have to describe the non-deliver properly no? Right now I just use the "other" category and "enter not in my load".

I have a couple of other things I may ask depending on the answers.

Many thanks for helpful contributions.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
When we help other drivers we have to go into our communications menu and go to transfer section and scan each package to create a route. Again the phone may and probably does have a different method on how to achieve that desired goal.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Please, regular drivers, gift me with a little tolerance. I'm desperate and just looking to improve the service.
When I'm asked to help a driver, after i finish my load, I scan the packages AND manually enter the addresses. My manager (mia) once told me that there is a way to get the address to populate the tracking number but I haven't found out how. This adds considerable time to the added route.

When I have a missing package I can't find the "not found" disposition for the undelivered package. The package is almost always left on the driver's truck but, if it's on my itinerary, I have to describe the non-deliver properly no? Right now I just use the "other" category and "enter not in my load".

If the phone is anything like the new diad, and you have a missing package, swipe left on that particular tracking number and it should give you options for “non delivery” and “not found.”

BlackFriday

If the phone is anything like the new diad, and you have a missing package, swipe left on that particular tracking number and it should give you options for “non delivery” and “not found.”
Swiping left does indeed show the non delivered button but pressing that opens another set of options, non of which, are "not found". I get 5 choices and one is "other" . It also shows a "more" option. Pressing more still doesn't offer the not found choice.
It sucks that my manager, who's sole job is to supervise the PVD drivers, can't find time to communicate.
Thanks for the input/ideas.

BlackFriday

All deliveries marked as Other end up in your stats as a service failure. You are probably better off, not marking it other, and calling dispatch, so they can mark on their end.
Thanks for that. I'd call dispatch but I never got a phone # for dispatch. The number I have for my supervisor is not set up for voicemail and he never answers the phone calls. It's a real PIA. Now that I know I'm being dinged for the "other" designation I'm going to go above this dude.

specter208

Thanks for that. I'd call dispatch but I never got a phone # for dispatch. The number I have for my supervisor is not set up for voicemail and he never answers the phone calls. It's a real PIA. Now that I know I'm being dinged for the "other" designation I'm going to go above this dude.
That’s normal honestly, ask your driver or ask a dispatcher next you visit the center to drop off your send agains.

dogs.bite.me

… top right. Build manifest. Scan pkgs that you are going to deliver. Wait a few minutes and it will populate.

LetzGo

To add new packages to your manifest, open the drop down menu on the top right and select ‘build manifest’. Scan all packages and then hit submit. The stops should be added to your manifest within a few minutes.

BlackFriday

Thanks!!!
I got a call yesterday from my center saying I didn't watch that dumnazz video we have to watch erry day. I said I sure did watch it. The caller said that I have to watch it after I punch in. I said oooos, my error ad I've always watched it prior to punching in. I asked her the questions that I asked here and she said what you all said. I'm finally able to get the addresses populated using this method. It was a huge help yesterday since I was contacted by my driver to take 20 stops. After I was done with those another driver, who had a dying DIAD and a broken charger asked me if I could take 20 stops. I was just pulling into my neighborhood, did a U-turn, and met up with him. Finished at 9:00 PM and punched out.
Funny thing, neither driver called me a scab? 😁
Thanks for the help!

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
Thanks!!!
I got a call yesterday from my center saying I didn't watch that dumnazz video we have to watch erry day. I said I sure did watch it. The caller said that I have to watch it after I punch in. I said oooos, my error ad I've always watched it prior to punching in. I asked her the questions that I asked here and she said what you all said. I'm finally able to get the addresses populated using this method. It was a huge help yesterday since I was contacted by my driver to take 20 stops. After I was done with those another driver, who had a dying DIAD and a broken charger asked me if I could take 20 stops. I was just pulling into my neighborhood, did a U-turn, and met up with him. Finished at 9:00 PM and punched out.
Funny thing, neither driver called me a scab? 😁
Thanks for the help!
No. You watch it after you have punched in like the caller said. Don't work off the clock. UPS is paying you, not the other way around. You took your lunch and breaks too, right?

BlackFriday

No. You watch it after you have punched in like the caller said. Don't work off the clock. UPS is paying you, not the other way around. You took your lunch and breaks too, right?
I haven't taken a lunch break yet. I was asked about this. I don't eat lunch and I don't get paid for the 1/2 hr lunch. So far I haven't heard anything more about it.